Kasey Kahne Quotes "Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks because it's fast and has several different grooves. During the race, there will be cars running the high line and low line. Atlanta puts a lot of control in the drivers' hands and there...
Kasey Kahne Quotes
"Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks because it's fast and has several different grooves. During the race, there will be cars running the high line and low line. Atlanta puts a lot of control in the drivers' hands and there are usually some exciting finishes."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT ATLANTA
* This weekend will mark Kahne's second NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Atlanta.
* Kahne started 13th and finished third in his first Cup start at Atlanta this spring. The race was only Kahne's fourth behind the wheel of the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge, but he raced to a podium finish that weekend, notching his third consecutive top-three finish following Las Vegas (second) and Rockingham (second).
SPIES LIKE US
* The pranks, the hi-jinks and the covert humor that made "Spy vs. Spy" a popular feature in MAD Magazine will hit the high-speed banks of Atlanta Motor Speedway. The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge of Kasey Kahne and No. 19 Dodge Dealers/ UAW Dodge of Jeremy Mayfield will carry special "Spy vs. Spy" paint schemes to celebrate MAD Racing Weekend over the Halloween weekend.
KAHNE CHASING ROOKIE RECORD
* Kahne is chasing NASCAR's modern-era record for top-five finishes by a rookie driver. (See Table)
* Kahne is one of only five drivers to have scored 10 or more top-five finishes this season (Rockingham, Las Vegas, Atlanta-a, Texas, Mich-a, Pocono-b, Indy, Mich-b, Calif-a, NHIS-b).
A FRONT ROW VIEW
* Kasey Kahne has four Bud Poles and four second-place starts for a total of eight front-row starts in just 32 races this year. Only two other drivers have started more races from the front row in 2004.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* Kahne holds the 15th position in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series points standings after racing at Martinsville. He is just six points out of 14th and 54 points out of the 13th spot.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BESTS
* Kahne's four pole positions are two shy of Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
* After 32 races, Kahne has a commanding 89-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year race.
* Kahne's total of 688 laps led is more than four times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates (157). He also has more poles, top fives and top 10s than the combined amount of his Rookie-of-the-Year competitors.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California and Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono in June.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono (a), Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.