* Joey Logano will make his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) start at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) this weekend when he takes the green flag for Sunday's Pep Boys Auto 500. Logano qualified 42nd in March and was in the 21st position...
* Joey Logano will make his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) start at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) this weekend when he takes the green flag for Sunday's Pep Boys Auto 500. Logano qualified 42nd in March and was in the 21st position with less than 50 laps to go when he was hit from behind and sent into the wall. He brought The Home Depot Toyota home in the 30th position.
* Logano grew up racing around AMS, but on the smaller front-stretch oval in Bandoleros and Legends cars. In fact, Logano still holds the track record for consecutive wins in a Legends car with 14 victories in 2002. He captured several track and national titles while competing at Atlanta.
* Take Me Out to the Ballgame! Logano will make his rookie trip to the pitcher's mound on Friday when he throws out the ceremonial first pitch at the Atlanta Braves game. The Braves are taking on the Cincinnati Reds at 7:30 p.m. ET at Turner Field. The 19-year-old driver will have the support of his Home Depot crew as they watch from the stands.
* Logano will participate in the Speedway Children's Charity Track Walk on Sunday at AMS. Race fans get the unique opportunity to walk on one of the fastest tracks in NASCAR with Logano and several other NASCAR stars. The event begins at 11:00 a.m. and trackside registration will be available on Sat., Sept. 5 from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and on Sun., Sept 6 from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. and costs $35.
* Logano remains 19th in the NSCS standings after finishing 34th at Bristol Motor Speedway two weeks ago. He qualified in the top 10 for the short-track race but was involved in an early incident that forced him into the pits for repairs. He completed the race but fell 16 laps down to finish in the 34th position. He is 81 points out of the 18th position with 12 races remaining on the schedule.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #247 to the track this weekend for the 500-mile race at AMS. Logano has raced this chassis twice this season at Indianapolis and Michigan. He finished 12th at Indy and seventh in Michigan.
* Logano continues to lead the Raybestos Rookie standings over Scott Speed heading to Atlanta. Logano holds a 25-point advantage (213-188) after 24 races. Last year's top rookie in the Pep Boy's 500 finished 24th.
"I have to say this weekend should go much better than the last time at Atlanta. I really struggled here the first time around. I started back in the 42nd position, so I fell a lap down pretty early. Around the time I started running better I was hit from behind and got into the fence. But I'm confident that there will be a big improvement this weekend. So far the tracks I have gone back to in The Home Depot Toyota have been much better than the first time around. If that continues this weekend, that will be huge considering how it went in March."