JAMIE McMURRAY, ...
JAMIE McMURRAY, #40 COORS LIGHT DODGE
* Atlanta Motor Speedway: The NAPA 500 will mark Jamie McMurray's return to Winston Cup competition after his stellar victory two weeks ago at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C. McMurray, who missed last weekend's event at Martinsville Speedway due to a conflict with a Busch Series race in Memphis, heads into Atlanta looking to continue his hot streak. McMurray set a new NASCAR modern era record by becoming the quickest driver to win a Winston Cup race.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will take chassis #203. This is the same car that McMurray drove to victory lane with in Charlotte and the same car that Sterling Marlin scored victories in earlier this season at Las Vegas and Darlington.
* McMurray, subbing for the injured Sterling Marlin, is batting .500 in his brief NASCAR Winston Cup career. In his first two races, McMurray has scored a victory (Charlotte) and a 26th-place finish (Talladega).
* McMurray was recently announced as the driver of the Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates in the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season.
* 26-year-old McMurray is currently racing in his second full season in the NASCAR Busch Series. He has posted four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes so far during the 2002 Busch Series campaign. McMurray currently sits seventh in the Busch Series points standings and is coming off a third-place finish this past weekend at the Memphis (Tenn.) Motorsports Park.