McMurray on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway: "I really like racing at Atlanta because it has a reputation for being one of the fastest race tracks we race at each season and that makes for some pretty exciting racing. The speeds we carry into...
McMurray on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"I really like racing at Atlanta because it has a reputation for being one of the fastest race tracks we race at each season and that makes for some pretty exciting racing. The speeds we carry into turn one at Atlanta is probably the fastest corner out there so handling is very important. When we raced at Atlanta earlier this season, we had a great qualifying effort, but when we got into the race, the track conditions changed a lot of the car's handling and made it really loose. It was tough to get my car to turn how I needed it to in the corners and we just didn't get the finish we deserved with that car, so we will look to get the finish we deserved at this weekend's race instead."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"Our Crown Royal team is ready to get back to racing this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway and I'm confident that we're going to have a better finish than our earlier visit there. We were able to qualify third for the spring race, but the car just got really loose for Jamie all race long and that makes for a difficult afternoon when you can't turn your car the way you need to. Atlanta is a very fast 1.5-mile track, but I really feel like this team has a chance of securing a strong finish this weekend."
* In his 14 Cup series starts at Atlanta, McMurray averages a 19.8 finishing position, and has four top-10 finishes at the 1.5-mile track
* McMurray's first Nationwide series win came at Atlanta Motor Speedway, just two weeks after McMurray scored his first Cup series win at Lowe's Motor Speedway
* Atlanta is one of only three tracks where McMurray has yet to lead a lap -- the others are Richmond and Las Vegas
* This weekend at Atlanta, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings