Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis ...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis #307: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #307 to compete in the Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In eight starts in 2004, chassis #307 has posted three top-five and six top-10 finishes. This is the same car McMurray qualified with at Lowe's Motor Speedway two weeks ago, but was caught up in a wreck during a practice session and was forced to use a backup.
* Mr. Consistency: McMurray heads into Atlanta sitting 11th in points, 197 points ahead of pursuer Dale Jarrett. McMurray has posted eight top-five and 20 top-10 finishes through 32 races this season. He has posted nine top-10 finishes in the last 10 NEXTEL Cup Series races.
* If Only...: Under the old points system, McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team would be sitting seventh in points. If the team had made the Chase for the Championship, McMurray would be holding down fourth place in points.
* Open House: MTV will pay a visit to McMurray's home this week to film an upcoming episode of "MTV Cribs."
* Raising Awareness: As a result of McMurray leading 41 laps during last weekend's race at Martinsville Speedway, he helped raise $5,166 for the Autism Society of America. To date, McMurray's "Drive for a Cure" awareness campaign has raised over $26,000.
* Double Duty: McMurray will be pulling double duty this weekend in Atlanta as he will pilot the No. 66 Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday before climbing behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for Sunday's NEXTEL Cup race.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Atlanta Thoughts: "Atlanta has definitely been one of those tracks that we have not had much luck at. We were running really strong there in the spring until our engine let go. But I'm feeling pretty good heading back to Atlanta this time. I feel like our speedway program has gotten much better since we were at Atlanta in the spring. We'll be in good shape this weekend with the Texaco/Havoline Dodge."