Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway: "It's good to be at my hometown track this weekend. I love going back to Atlanta, it's close to home and it's a great track to race at. It's a fast track with multiple racing grooves, which makes for a...
Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"It's good to be at my hometown track this weekend. I love going back to Atlanta, it's close to home and it's a great track to race at. It's a fast track with multiple racing grooves, which makes for a lot of fun. Plus with it being my hometown, lots of friends and family come out to support me. On top of all that it's also home to UPS, which means that it will be an important weekend for us to get a good run. The UPS employees are a great group and very supportive of me, I really would like to get a good finish this weekend at Atlanta for them."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"Atlanta is a fast track and a place David can run well at. It's David's hometown along with our sponsor UPS's so we definitely have some added incentive to run well there. Some good finishes have gotten away from us this year, but coming off an off-weekend, everyone should be refreshed and ready to get a good finish."
* Hometown Boy: Atlanta Motor Speedway is David Ragan's hometown track. Ragan is originally from Unadilla Ga., located approximately 90 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Ragan has five prior starts in the Cup Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway. His best finish was eighth place in the fall of 2008.
* A win this weekend would make David the first driver to win at Atlanta with primary sponsorship from Atlanta-based, UPS.
* Ragan will be behind the wheel of the No. 6 Discount Tire Ford in the Nationwide Race. Ragan has two previous Nationwide starts at Atlanta. He finished 20th in 2007 and 16th in 2008.
* Ragan made two Truck Series starts in 2006 at Atlanta for Roush Fenway Racing.