* Atlanta's Camry...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is chassis No. 109. This is the same car the team has utilized for the past three races in which a Car...
* Atlanta's Camry...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is chassis No. 109. This is the same car the team has utilized for the past three races in which a Car of Tomorrow wasn't run. Blaney posted three top-15 finishes and two top-10 finishes in those events.
* What Happened Last week...The Caterpillar Racing team lined up 17th on the starting grid for the Subway 500 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. Mechanical issues sidelined Blaney's ride for 67 laps while the crew changed the drive line. Blaney returned to the track to finish the event in 36th place.
* Blaney's Career Stats...Blaney will make his 265th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and drove his Bill Davis Racing-owned entry to a 37th-place finish (qualified seventh) in his first Cup Series start in Atlanta in 1999.
* Blaney at Atlanta...Blaney has made 15 starts on the 1.54-mile oval during his Cup Series career, starting as high as third (2001) and finishing as high as eighth (2003 and 2005). He has two top-10 finishes and has led 91 laps during Cup Series competition at the Atlanta-area track.
* BDR at AMS...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the track since 1993 and have made 43 starts. Those drivers have posted three top-five finishes and seven top-10 finishes.
* Say Hello to Skinner...BDR's Mike Skinner, who leads the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series points standings, will drive the No. 36 360 OTC Racing Toyota Camry in the Cup Series event this weekend.
* Points Position...The No. 22 BDR entry fell one spot in the owners' points standings but remains in the top 35, six markers behind Kyle Petty (34th) and 142 points ahead of the No. 21 car (36th).
* Bring Your Sharpie...Blaney is scheduled to sign autographs at the Caterpillar souvenir trailer Sunday morning. Stop by the Cat souvenir trailer or visit www.daveblaney.com for updates and additional information.
* The Birthday Boys...Both Blaney and crew chief Tommy Baldwin will celebrate their birthdays this week. Blaney turns 45 on Wednesday, and Baldwin will be 41 years young Thursday.
* Busy Times Ahead...The No. 22 Caterpillar Racing team spent Tuesday at Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis. The BDR team will also participate in the COT test at Atlanta Motor Speedway at the end of the month.
Dave Blaney on Atlanta..."Our speedway program has proven to be pretty good lately, so we're looking forward to good things this weekend in Atlanta. I think we had some momentum on our side after Talladega and Lowe's, so we were disappointed to run into problems at Martinsville, but we'll rebound like we always have. Luckily, the teams we're battling in the top 35 fight didn't have a great day either, so we didn't lose as much ground as we could have. Atlanta has always been one of my favorite places to race, so I'm really looking forward to getting there."