Bobby Labonte No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge --Bobby Labonte is the active wins leader at Atlanta Motor Speedway with six wins-- Bobby Labonte: "Our intermediate track program has improved a lot over the last month or so. We've proven...
No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge
--Bobby Labonte is the active wins leader at Atlanta Motor Speedway with six wins--
"Our intermediate track program has improved a lot over the last month or so. We've proven that we can run up front. Now we just need to finish up front. We had a good run at Atlanta in the 'spring' race. We qualified well and came close to a top-10 finish. I can't think of a better track for us to continue the progress that we have made. The Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge was fast at Charlotte until we got spun. It's been a lot of work, but I think we've hit on a setup that we can tailor to a lot of these tracks."
"Atlanta is a favorite of the drivers because it gives you a bunch of lines to try to find out where your car works the best. With this new car we've seen guys run the very top, the bottom or the middle, even more than we did the last couple of years with the old car. Atlanta gives you the ability to do that. We've had all year to work on getting the car to turn and that has improved as well. That's not been as big of an issue over the last several events on the intermediate tracks. The fans will be in for a great race this weekend."
"Each track that we go to is unique in its own way. Atlanta is no different. When we come down here we are racing in front of what could be the biggest corporate audience that we have. A lot of the sponsors that you see on Sunday have a huge presence in Atlanta. I'm fortunate enough to have been associated with Coca-Cola for many years now. They're headquartered down there. That gives me extra motivation when I go to Atlanta because I get to see a lot of the great people from Coke. I'm sure the other drivers feel the same way when they go to Atlanta."
Bobby Labonte at Atlanta Motor Speedway
* Labonte leads all active drivers in wins at Atlanta with six. He had back-to-back wins there in the fall of 1997 and spring of 1998. The track also tops the driver's list for most top-5s with 12.
* Along with being the active wins leader at AMS, Labonte also holds the track's Sprint Cup race record of 159.904, set in 1997.
* The driver has started from the pole on two occasions at the track, in 1996 when he won and in 1999 when he finished second.
* Labonte has raced at Atlanta 31 times and has scored a top-10 finish in 41.9% of his visits to the track. His average start and finish at AMS is 16.3.
* Of a possible 9,926 laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Labonte has completed 9,186 (92.5%) including 959 laps led.
* Labonte is the only driver to win Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series championships in his career.