David Stremme, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Testing 1,2,3: David Stremme and the No. 40 team tested this week at Carroway Speedway. This .4-mile track is used in preparation for the short track racing at Bristol Motor...
David Stremme, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Testing 1,2,3: David Stremme and the No. 40 team tested this week at Carroway Speedway. This .4-mile track is used in preparation for the short track racing at Bristol Motor Speedway and Martinsville Speedway. The first races at both these tracks are coming up in the next three weeks.
* Atlanta Fun Facts: This will be Stremme's first Cup Series start at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He has three Busch Series starts at Atlanta, with one top-10 and three top-15 finishes.
* Atlanta Averages: In three Busch Series starts, Stremme has an average starting position of 28th but an average finish of 11th. Overall he averages a gain of 17 spots from start to finish..
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew will be taking chassis No. 108 for the Golden Corral 500 this weekend. This will mark the first time this chassis has run this season.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently fifth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 33rd-place effort in Las Vegas last weekend. Stremme, with 21 points, is 14 points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: After finishing 33rd last week at Las Vegas, Stremme dropped two spots to move into 35th place in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings. He is 166 points out of the top 10.
* 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17 races each, and as associate sponsors for the other 19 races.
David Stremme Quotes:
"The test this week went really well. The No. 40 team went to Carroway Speedway and we got a chance to test some things for the upcoming Bristol and Martinsville races. I love short track racing already but it was good to get out and take one of our cars to test some new things and try and get stronger on some of my better tracks.
"Last week's race was not what we had hoped for but sometimes you will have that. Crew chief Jeff Vandermoss and the entire No. 40 team have gotten together and we are working out some of the problems we had the last two weeks. I am looking forward to racing this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway because it is one of the fastest tracks we go to all season. There are several different grooves so you can pass and that makes the racing exciting. I have had some strong finishes here and I am looking to continue those finishes this weekend in the Coors Light Dodge."