Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway: "It feels really good to be heading back to Atlanta this weekend. I need to rebound back from a rough outing in Vegas in both the Cup and Nationwide cars and there's no better place to do that then home.
Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"It feels really good to be heading back to Atlanta this weekend. I need to rebound back from a rough outing in Vegas in both the Cup and Nationwide cars and there's no better place to do that then home. I wish we went to Atlanta more than twice a year, not only is it close to home, but it's a great track with multiple grooves to race on. Besides it being my hometown, its UPS's as well. UPS being located there just gives me added incentive to get a great finish for them as well as myself. Last weekend was extremely disappointing and we've dug ourselves a hole in the standings, but it's early in the year and I've got a great group of people behind me. All their support gives me the confidence I need heading into this weekend."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"Atlanta is a track David can excel at and we need to pick up some points after last weekend. We definitely didn't have the best of luck in Vegas, but we will be able to turn that around this weekend. We're taking a great car and David has a lot of family and friends down there to support him."
* Hometown Boy: Atlanta Motor Speedway is David Ragan's hometown track. Ragan is originally from Unadilla Ga., located approximately 90 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Ragan has just four prior starts in the Cup Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway. His best finish was eighth place in the fall of last year.
* A win this weekend would make David the first driver to win at Atlanta with primary sponsorship from Atlanta-based, UPS.
* Ragan has two previous Nationwide starts at Atlanta. He finished 20th in 2007 and 16th in 2008.
* Ragan made two Truck Series starts in 2006 at Atlanta for Roush Fenway Racing.