Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway: "I'm pretty pumped up to be going back to my hometown track. I love going to Atlanta, it's close to home and the track is fun to race at. It's a fast track with multiple grooves, which lets us choose ...
Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"I'm pretty pumped up to be going back to my hometown track. I love going to Atlanta, it's close to home and the track is fun to race at. It's a fast track with multiple grooves, which lets us choose different lines around the track. We've had some average weeks so far, but need to step it up and get a good hometown finish. UPS is also based in Atlanta, so we really want to get a good finish for them."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"I really like racing at Atlanta. There are multiple grooves and the tires wear out fast so it makes the driver have to work their way around the track to find different lines. It really is a challenging track because of the rate the tires wear out. So if you aren't too fast to start with and you can be consistent on a long run, you'll be better off in the end. Atlanta is home to David and our sponsor UPS, so we're looking to get a good finish for everyone."
* Hometown Boy: Atlanta Motor Speedway is David Ragan's hometown track. Ragan is originally from Unadilla Ga., located approximately 90 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Ragan has six prior starts in the Cup Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway. His best finish was eighth place in the fall of 2008.
* A win this weekend would make David the first driver to win at Atlanta with primary sponsorship from Atlanta-based, UPS.
* Ragan has three Nationwide starts at Atlanta. His best finish was ninth in the fall race of 2009.
* Ragan made two Truck Series starts in 2006 at Atlanta for Roush Fenway Racing.
* UPS Maximum Center Recognition-- Atlanta Motor Speedway The Pleasantdale West Center (SLIC - 3014) in the Georgia District was selected for the March 7 Kolbalt Tools 500 as part of the UPS Center Recognition Program. The Pleasantdale West Center, one of the top two centers in the district for 2009, is recognized for its exceptional service performance, which includes range of dispatch, exception scan and delivery scan frequency, and net delivered per piece and inside pieces per hour performance.