Fan Tips for Those Attending the Emory Healthcare 500 Race Weekend HAMPTON, Ga. (Aug. 27, 2010) -- Below are some tips that will help ensure fans have a memorable, exciting visit to Atlanta Motor Speedway during the 2010 Emory Healthcare 500...
Fan Tips for Those Attending the Emory Healthcare 500 Race Weekend
HAMPTON, Ga. (Aug. 27, 2010) -- Below are some tips that will help ensure fans have a memorable, exciting visit to Atlanta Motor Speedway during the 2010 Emory Healthcare 500 Labor Day NASCAR night racing weekend.
* Gate Openings -- Various gates will be open each day for fans to access the facility. The following is the schedule with opening times and gates available that day: Gate 13 on Friday (5:30 p.m.), Gates 12 to15 on Saturday (10:30 a.m.), and all gates on Sunday (2:00 p.m.).
* Important Note: For fans, Atlanta Motor Speedway provides a free shuttle and tram service from all parking lots to each grandstand.
* Fan Assistance Program -- The Fan Assistance offers golf cart transportation and general assistance throughout the Atlanta Motor Speedway parking areas. This service is limited to the Atlanta Motor Speedway facility only, providing patrons with the ability to move to and from almost any area on the property. Patrons may inquire about any of these services at the Information Booths located throughout the Atlanta Motor Speedway property.
Atlanta Motor Speedway provides tram service between the campgrounds and the entrance gates before and after events and will depart regularly from the designated tram stops. Tram passengers under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Trams are provided as a courtesy service to speedway guests. Due to the demand for this service, continuous riding (joyriding) is prohibited
Campground tram route: Runs along inner perimeter road through all public parking and most camping areas.
Infield tram route: Runs from the guard house at the new tunnel into the infield along the road course.
* Fan Assistance Information Stops --Atlanta Motor Speedway is hosting three Fan Assistance Information Stops with two locations near the Display Lot on the Speedway's perimeter road and one location in front of the Ticket Office.
* ***NEW FOR SEPT. 2010*** Fan Alert Text Message Program --
Fans can text message issues, concerns or complaints to Atlanta Motor Speedway by texting number 69050 and writing keyword AMS <space> followed by your issue and location. A central dispatcher will promptly assist with the issue.
* ATM Machines -- Bank of America will have 11 ATM machines at various locations throughout the property. You will find ATM machines at Gates 13 and 15 (will call). There are also locations in the Champions, Earnhardt, Petty
* Camping Guidelines -- Quiet time in all camping areas is from midnight to 7 a.m. (except Family Campground) although we do allow the use of generators, we ask that you respect your neighbors and only use them when necessary. Also, no flatbed trucks (over 10 feet long), flatbed trailers, box trucks, or portable storage containers are allowed.
* Traffic Reports -- Traffic information will be provided by WSB 750 AM. Tune in throughout the weekend for the latest traffic news. Georgia DOT urges travelers to call 511 for updated information about road/lane closures or construction projects. Georgia 511 is a free phone service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide, such as traffic conditions, incidents, lane closures, construction, and delays due to bad weather. Callers can also reach live operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More information is available at www.511ga.org.
* Outside Food- While we pride ourselves on providing an excellent variety of food and drink options for our guests, visitors are welcome to bring their own items if they prefer. Coolers larger than 14"x14"x14" and glass bottles are not allowed inside the gates of the speedway. Planning ahead will make your entrance to the speedway much simpler for both our visitors and security officers alike.
* Handicapped Parking Enforcement -- Handicapped parking areas will be strictly enforced for the Emory Healthcare 500 race weekend and misuse could result in being fined and/or towed. These areas are reserved for those fans with a handicap, not for those who plan to use a friend or relative's handicap permit to gain access to these areas. The person who is the owner of the handicapped parking sticker is required to be in the vehicle.
* Ticket Resale -- No tickets may be resold on Speedway property. This will be strictly enforced. Fans can also utilize TicketExchange, Ticketmaster's new online service that enables safe and secure fan-to-fan ticket transactions. Buyers simply select the tickets they want based on price and seat location, without having to bid against other buyers, without having to coordinate delivery from anonymous sellers, and without the gamble that the tickets are fraudulent. Sellers are guaranteed payment for tickets sold, without having to collect payment or deliver the tickets to the buyer. For more information on TicketExchange, visit www.ticketmaster.com.
* Directions to Atlanta Motor Speedway: Directions to AMS, including traffic patterns and facility maps can be found by visiting www.atlantamotorspeedway.com
* First- Aid: During race weekend, Atlanta Motor Speedway has Emergency Assistance locations in each grandstand as well as the Infield. Should you or anyone in your party require Emergency Assistance while you are on AMS property, please visit one of those locations or, if needed, dial 911.
* As with any large event, there is going to be increased traffic come race weekend, so Atlanta Motor Speedway would also like to encourage all fans coming to any event throughout the weekend to come early and stay late. All General Parking lots at AMS are open 24 hours a day (no overnight camping allowed), so fans should feel free to get here early to beat the traffic and check out everything the Speedway has to offer come race weekend.
* For more information on race weekend or to answer any questions you may have please visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com or call (770)-707-7904.
Marketing & Promotion Coordinator
Atlanta Motor Speedway | P.O Box 500 | Hampton, GA 30228 | P: 770.946.3917 | F: 770.707.7853 | www.AtlantaMotorSpeedway.com
High Speed Hits the High Banks at Night
Labor Day Weekend | September 3-5, 2010
u Consider your responsibility to the environment - Please think before you print!
[ Part 2, "image001.jpg" Image/JPEG 7.4KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]