FAST FACTS * This weekend will mark Menard's third Sprint All-Star Weekend with his best finish of 16th coming in 2008. * Menard has four Sprint Cup Series career starts at the 1.5-mile speedway. * Johns Manville will return to the hood of...
* This weekend will mark Menard's third Sprint All-Star Weekend with his best finish of 16th coming in 2008.
* Menard has four Sprint Cup Series career starts at the 1.5-mile speedway.
* Johns Manville will return to the hood of the No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion for both "hometown" races at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
* After finishing 15th last weekend at Darlington, Menard has compiled three top-15 finishes during the 2009 season with Yates Racing.
* On Sunday, following the Sprint All-Star race, Menard will compete in the Menards 200 ARCA race in Toledo, Ohio.
Menard on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
"On Saturday night, we have 20 laps to get it done. Either we are going to race our way into the All-Star race, or we'll pack it up and head home. For the guys that aren't in the All-Star race, this weekend is a good chance to see what you have and to possibly try a couple different things for the Coke 600 next weekend.
"We had a pretty decent run in Darlington last weekend. Larry (Carter) called a great race and was able to keep us out of trouble. The guys on the crew did a great job getting me off pit road and we walked away with a top-15 finish. Hopefully we can build on that, race our way into the All-Star and make it a great weekend all around."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
"It's always nice to be back home for a couple of weeks, not just for the crew guys, but for their families who get to come out to the track and see them this weekend and next. We'll enjoy the time at home, but know that we still have a job to do. We have a couple things we'd like to try this weekend that might help us going into the 600 next weekend. We had a pretty good run last weekend, so hopefully, we can continue that trend."