STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Best Buy Dodge, is looking to generate fan support for his All-Star bid in a way that may leave him all wet. During an interview with SPEED TV on Saturday from Darlington, Sadler announced...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Best Buy Dodge, is looking to generate fan support for his All-Star bid in a way that may leave him all wet. During an interview with SPEED TV on Saturday from Darlington, Sadler announced that if he wins the Sprint fan vote for the upcoming All-Star Race that he will personally rent a dunking booth outside of Lowe's Motor Speedway prior to the Coca-Cola 600. Sadler himself will man the booth for one hour and donate and proceeds raised in that one hour to Speedway Children's Charities.
WHY SHOULD RACE FANS VOTE ELLIOTT SADLER INTO THE ALL-STAR RACE? "Race fans should vote Elliott Sadler into the All-Star Race because I'm a good race car driver, I like to have fun with the fans and I'm the best looking driver out there. I'm just goofing around ... kinda. But honestly, I think it would be a great honor to represent the race fans in the All-Star Race. Plus, as an added incentive if I win I'm going to rent a dunking booth for the Coca-Cola 600 right outside of Lowe's Motor Speedway, which I will personally be in, and allow fans to try and dunk me. Any money that we raise through donations will then go directly to Speedway Children's Charities. So there is a little incentive to vote me in so we can have some fun for a great cause!"
WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS WEEKEND THAT MAKES IT INTERESTING? "This whole weekend is just awesome in my opinion. I'm happy we have a partner like Sprint to host these events. This weekend means a lot to all the race teams because it takes place in everyone's back yard. There is a lot of pride on the line. Team members have families that get to come out and watch them work. And first and foremost this weekend is all about winning! No points racing, just putting everything you have on the line to finish first. I absolutely love this race as a driver and even more as a fan!"
* Vote Elliott Sadler into the All-Star Race at www.nascar.com
* Sadler is currently tied with teammate AJ Allmendinger for 25th in the driver point standings.
* Chassis No. 278 will serve as the primary. No. 278 last raced to a 20th-place finish in Bristol. No. 259 will serve as the backup for the seventh time this season (most recently at Darlington).
* Sadler's Autism Awareness helmet went up for auction at www.sadlerfoundation.org at 8 a.m. on April 30. The auction will close on May 19. All proceeds from the auction will go to benefit autism related charities.
* Sadler's Autism Awareness helmets worn the past two years have raised a total of $13,567 through online auctions hosted by the Hermie and Elliott Sadler Foundation's Web site. ($6,900 - 2008, $6667 - 2007)