Ragan on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway: "I really enjoy Saturday night racing and it's great to be home for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to the All-Star race. It's a good race to try some stuff since there are no points on the line and get...
Ragan on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I really enjoy Saturday night racing and it's great to be home for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to the All-Star race. It's a good race to try some stuff since there are no points on the line and get ourselves ready for the Coca-Cola 600 next weekend. We just need to find some more speed and get back in rhythm. Hopefully we race our way into the actual All-Star Challenge, but either way we'll take the track time and make it work to our advantage."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"We've been off our rhythm lately and need to get things back where we should be. Mile-and-a- half tracks are generally a strong point for David and Charlotte is no exception. Last year we just missed out on racing our way into the Challenge, so hopefully we'll put it all together and finish in the top two."
* Ragan just missed racing his way into the All-Star Challenge in 2008. He finished third when the top two move onto the Challenge.
* Ragan has four prior starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway. His best finish came in the fall of 2008 where he qualified 13th and finished 10th.
* Ragan has an average starting position of 15.5 percent and an average finishing position of 24.8 percent at Charlotte.
* Ragan has competed five times in the Nationwide Series at Charlotte. His best finish was in the fall of '07 where he qualified 10th and finished sixth. In the Nationwide Series he has an average starting position of 8.2, and an average finishing position of 17.6.
* Ragan made one Camping World Truck Series start at Lowe's Motor Speedway in 2006. He qualified 12th and finished 25th.
* The Rock Hill Center (SLIC - 2970) in the West Carolina District will serve as the UPS 'Maximum Center' for both the May 16 and 24 races at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. Out of nine tracked elements on the UPS Balanced Scorecard, the Rock Hill Center was 100 percent or better to plan in seven of these elements: Pickup Compliance, Mileage Index, SLIM, Over allowed per Driver, DART, Auto, and Missed On-Road (MOR).