Bobby Labonte on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway in the Sprint All-Star Race: "I really like racing at Lowe's. It's a fast track where you can put a little bit of strategy to the test. Having the All-Star race there is perfect because it's a...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway in the Sprint All-Star Race:
"I really like racing at Lowe's. It's a fast track where you can put a little bit of strategy to the test. Having the All-Star race there is perfect because it's a track that doesn't offer too many cautions in a night and the pit stops can really make or break you.
"Everyone -- Ben (Leslie), the crew guys, Max (Jones) and Doug (Yates) -- have been working hard to make the car fast and getting the crew performing at their best. I'm looking forward to letting them take the stage on Thursday night for the Pit Crew Challenge. Should be a good time and hopefully that timeliness will carry over to the race Saturday night for the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway in the Sprint All-Star Race:
"We've got a good plan in place for this weekend in Charlotte. It's a different sort of track then we've been to the last couple of weeks and honestly, I'm glad to be racing at it for the next two weeks. It should be a very positive and successful night for Bobby and the No. 96 team. We've had a couple rough weekends in a row so we're due for a really good night."
* This weekend will be Labonte's 17th start in the Sprint All-Star Race.
* Labonte has four top-five and seven top-10 finishes in the elite field of the Sprint All-Star Race.
* Labonte's career best finish in the All-Star race is second place in 1997 and 1998 and he has started on the pole twice (1995, 1999).
* Lowe's Motor Speedway is one of Labonte's top-five favorite tracks with Michigan International Raceway leading the list.
* Labonte has 32 starts in Sprint Cup points races at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* At the 1.5-mile oval, Labonte has won twice, has 12 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes.
* Labonte has an average start of 13th and an average finish of 12th and he has led 807 laps in points' races at the hometown speedway.