Bobby Labonte: "The Sprint All-Star race is one of the best shows that we put on all year. When people that have never seen a race ask me which one they should go to first, I usually tell them the all-star race. There are no points involved.
"The Sprint All-Star race is one of the best shows that we put on all year. When people that have never seen a race ask me which one they should go to first, I usually tell them the all-star race. There are no points involved. You don't have to worry about this race for 'The Chase.' It's just for money and bragging rights. That usually means all-out racing."
"Running the all-star race definitely gives you a leg up when it comes to the Coca-Cola 600. Especially the end of the race, which is under the lights because the all-star race is at night too. Lowe's changes so much from night to day, so the all-star race gives you a chance to find out what you need to be fast at the end of the 600. Then you can adjust your car for the start of the race based on what you are going to need for the end."
"This race is about the fans. It's all about giving back to the fans because they allow us to do what we do. Lowe's Motor Speedway continues to raise the bar when it comes to fan treatment. For that reason the all-star race should remain where it is. Especially since the NASCAR Hall of Fame will be in Charlotte soon. When that happens there will not be another venue in the country that can provide the kind of fan experience that Lowe's can."
* Labonte has competed in a total of 13 All-Star Challenge events; he has finished in the top-5 on four occasions and has been a top-10 finisher in the event seven times.
* The #43 crew was runner-up in the 2007 Sprint Pit Crew Challenge.
* Since his first All-Star Challenge in 1995, Labonte has won $1,000,231 at the event.
* His most recent top-10 in an All-Star Challenge was in 2006 when he finished sixth, it was his first time competing in the race under the Petty banner.
* Labonte has started from the pole in two All-Star Challenges, 1995 and 1999. He has started within the top-10 a total of seven times.
* Of a possible 1,020 All-Star Challenge laps, Labonte has completed 892 (87.5%). In his 13 All-Star races, his average start is 8.3 and average finish is 10.
Bobby Labonte brings the #43 in for service at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway last weekend.
2008 Season Stats
3635 of 3664
David Hovis, MCG Sports
122 St. Alban's Lane, Suite D
Davidson, NC 28036
704.987.7959 Ext. 227
www.pettyracing.com www.cheeriosracing.com www.bobbylabonte.com
Fans can go to www.labonteslaw.com for more insider tips from Bobby each week.
[ Part 2, Image/JPEG 81KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]
[ Part 3, Image/JPEG 6.5KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]
[ Part 4, Image/GIF 178bytes. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]
[ Part 5, Image/JPEG 14KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]
[ Part 6, Image/JPEG 6.1KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]
[ Part 7, Image/JPEG 28KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]