In Brno, Andrea Dovizioso fought to redeem himself against the odds The second day of tests of the Grand Prix Czech Republic started under the unyielding presence of heavy rain which fell throughout the night and persisted until the closing...
In Brno, Andrea Dovizioso fought to redeem himself against the odds
The second day of tests of the Grand Prix Czech Republic started under the unyielding presence of heavy rain which fell throughout the night and persisted until the closing round of qualification. The JiR Team Scot worked intensively in the morning's free practice seeing Andrea Dovizioso sit comfortably within the top five, returning to the pits in good form. In the afternoon qualifying times were gleaned in the earlier circuits due to the worsening weather conditions making any improvements on lap times nigh on impossible. Andrea Dovizioso, determined to make the best of the situation, will start from the fifth row for what promises to be a testing race here at the Grand Prix Czech Republic.
Cirano Mularoni - Team Manager JiR Team Scot
"Having worked very well this morning we found ourselves facing an unusual round of qualifications, influenced by the rain which forced us to change our planned approach. Most of the times that have determined the starting positions on the grid were recorded during the first six laps. Tomorrow the weather is expected to change again, with a race that could turn out to be dry and give us the opportunity to redeem today's less than satisfactory result."
Andrea Dovizioso - Pilot JiR Team Scot MotoGP
14 DEG time: 2'17 "632
"Today was a day that just worked against us. Because of bad weather we were unable to carry out the test programme during the qualifications, and placing us in a position where we must fight to redeem a result that does not represent our potential. With the rain ever more intense I found it very difficult to find any grip, and too much time was lost to have any chance of catching the riders who recorded the best lap time in the initial laps. Tomorrow will be a tough race. I am determined to get the most out of the tyres at our disposal. We will have to do our best to interpret the weather conditions which are forecast to be changable, with the possibility of a dry race. "
Gianni Berti - Technical Coordinator JiR Team Scot
"In the round of free practice in the morning we tried different wet tyre solutions, completing the planned test schedule. In the afternoon qualifications began under a light rain that progressively intensified and did not allow us to improve. The best times were obtained in the first few laps and we stopped early because we felt it to be an unnecessary risk to carry on when there was no possibility of improving."