ARDC Champions honored Hazleton PA - The Ray's Yamaha 'Polaris' Victory American Racing Drivers Club Midget Series celebrated the organizations 65th anniversary in style. Dressed in their Sunday best, The top 15 Owners and Drivers were ...
ARDC Champions honored
Hazleton PA - The Ray's Yamaha 'Polaris' Victory American Racing Drivers Club Midget Series celebrated the organizations 65th anniversary in style. Dressed in their Sunday best, The top 15 Owners and Drivers were presented plaques for their outstanding finishes this season. A large contingent of the growing ARDC membership was on hand to celebrate.
The club by paying respect to those friends that were lost during the racing season: Walt Chernokal, Doug Craig and Hank Genzler.
Joining the members of ARDC for the evening were representatives from Checkered Flag Fan Club, openwheelracing.com, Area Auto Racing News and representatives from Lincoln Speedway. The American Racing Drivers Club was honored by distinguished friends Mel Mowbray, and Jimmy Maguire. Lifetime Members in attendance included Ron Heddendorf, Lenny Boyd, Kenn Brenn, Stan Lobitz and Fred Brink
The annual banquet got underway quickly with the presentation of awards.
* The 2004 Owners Champion is Mega Motorsports of Blandon PA. Jeff Aquilini and Larry Gauker earned their second conscutive Owners Championship. The team was awarded a plaque of recognition, jackets by Hoosier Racing Tire, and a hand quilted champions flag.
* The 2004 Drivers Champion Ray Bull, Blomsburg PA was honored for the fifth consecutive year as ARDC's top driver. Bull was awarded a plaque of recognition, a jacket by Hoosier Racing Tire, and a hand quilted champions flag.
* The Galen Halteman Presidents Award was given to dual recipients. Mike Miller, Birdsboro PA was named for his commitment to ARDC and midget racing. Maurice Bull, Abbottstown PA was bestowed this honor for his behind the scene efforts and assistance.
* The Ken Hickey Crew Chief of the Year Award was presented to Jeff Aquilini and Jeff Kuhns, Robesonia. Both gentleman made great strides in keeping multiple cars highly competitive all season.
* The Dutch Schaefer Jiggs Peters Memorial Rookie of the Year Award was presented to Dave Shirk. Shirk a former micro sprint driver from Mohnton PA, battled in a class of four rookies. His sixth place drivers standing helped to seal the deal.
* Stan Lobitz and Mel Mowbray were on hand to present the Bill Schindler Founders Award. This honor is bestowed upon an individual that has made great strides over the years to benefit the organization. The Bill Schindler award recipient is Ron Heddendorf, Philadelphia PA. Heddendorf will also co-chair the selection committee in the future.
* Tom Cochrane representing the Checkered Flag Fan Club made a presentation to Fred Schell.
Recognition of Recipients
* The following drivers were recognized for receiving Mason Racing Ignitions contingency awards throughout the season. Mark Lawshe, Egg Harbod City NJ; Frank Polimeda, Fort Lee NJ; Chris Rupp, Belvedere NJ; Robert Goernor, Reading PA ; Steve Buckwalter, Royersford PA; Tracy Miller, Reading PA; Ray Bull, and Marc Dailey, Concord NC.
* The following drivers were recognized for receiving contingency awards from Hanks Performance Products throughout the season. Steve Craig, Levittown PA; Mike Roselli, Broadheadsville PA; Billy Courtwright, Hackettstown PA; Shawn Burke, Saylorsburg PA; Carey Becker, Reading PA; Steve Lenig, Selinsgrove PA; Chris Rupp, Belvedere NJ; and Don Trent, Honeybrook PA.
* Recognized for by Diviersified Machine Inc. throughout the season was drivers Dave Shirk, Ed Stimely Jr., McVeytown PA; Fred Schell, Phoenixville PA; Chris Rupp; Tracy Miller; Scott Zipp, Bridgeport PA; Steve Craig; Ken Miller, Honeybrook PA; Steve Buckwalter; Robert Goernor; and Marc Dailey.
* Saluted by Cafe Waldorf and treated to a lovely dinner were drivers: Hank Rogers Jr., Scot Run PA; Steve Craig; Steve Lenig; Carey Becker; Jack Spence; Scott Zipp and Tracy Miller.
* Scott Wires honored select drivers throughout the season. Recipients included Steve Buckwalter; Tracy Miller; Steve Craig; Johnny Heydenreich, Indianapolis IN; Carey Becker; Marc Dailey; Robert Goernor; Mike Miller; Bryan Kobylarz, Birdsoro PA and Michele Miller.
Award Presentation from Contingency Sponsors
* Clearview Tear-offs sponsored the lap leader award to acknowledge the top three drivers that led laps in the 2004 season. Ray Bull led 175 laps, Mike Miller led 41 and third in laps led was Steve Buckwalter with 32.
* Wing Dynamics awarded a wing to fourth place finisher Michelle Miller, Temple PA. Gift certificates were presented to Ray Bull, Mike Miller, Birdsboro PA and Steve Buckwalter
* J. P Hair and Nails in the Reading area, honored the three females associated with ARDC. Michele Miller, Mrs. Don Trent and Mrs. Dave Shirk.
* Hi-Performance Racing Cards awarded their contingency sponsorship to Lew Blair, Fred Schell and Don Trent.
* Creasy Signs awarded Dave Shirk and Frank Polimeda with certificates.
* PPG gave Don Trent a styling leather jacket for the best appearing car. PPG will renew there sponsorship with ARDC in 2005.
* Custom Metal Coatings awarded Tracy Miller, Carey Becker and Chris Rupp product certificates.
* TQ Fiberglass present a racing hood to fifth and tenth place finishers. Recipients were Steve Craig and Steve Lenig.
* Synergen Oil and Racing Lubricants gave gift certificates to Ray Bull, Michele Miller, Steve Craig, Mike Miller and Kathy Kurtz.
* Red Devil Brakes presented certificates to Marc Dailey, Steve Buckwalter, Robert Goernor and Ed Stimnely Jr.
* Fastener Specialties sent toolm kits for the top ten drivers in points. In order of their finish recipients were Ray Bull, Mike Miller, Steve Buckwalter, Michele Miller, Steve Craig, Dave Shirk, Scott Zipp, Don Trent, Ed Stimely and Steve Lenig. Special thanks to all those that continue to assist ARDC in their quest to continue the tradition of Midget Auto Racing.