Sutil linked with Nissan seat for Le Mans

shares
comments
Sutil linked with Nissan seat for Le Mans
By:
Feb 18, 2015, 9:55 AM

Adrian Sutil could keep his top motor racing career alive in 2015 with a Le Mans seat.

Olivier Pla tests the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO
Adrian Sutil, Sauber
Olivier Pla tests the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO
Olivier Pla tests the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO
Adrian Sutil, Sauber
Adrian Sutil, Sauber F1 Team 07

Late last year, the German veteran hinted he might take legal action against Sauber, as despite his 2015 contract the Swiss team signed pay-drivers Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson for this season.

It was then a very quiet winter season for the 32-year-old.

He has been linked with the new American outfit Haas, but that is not set to debut until 2016.

Adrian Sutil would prefer to go into the world endurance championship with Nissan.

Roger Benoit

A report by veteran correspondent Roger Benoit in the Swiss daily Blick said a reborn Manor could be an option for Sutil this year.

But Benoit claimed: "Adrian Sutil would prefer to go into the world endurance championship with Nissan."

The Japanese carmaker is this year joining Toyota, Audi and Porsche in the ever-prominent top prototype LMP1 category.

Nissan has launched a three-car, nine-driver Le Mans bid for 2015, but two race seats remain open.

"I can't say what I'm going to do (in 2015)," Sutil said recently, "but it is true there are categories other than Formula One."

Next article
Sam Brabham selected for RaceTo24 and shot at Le Mans

Previous article

Sam Brabham selected for RaceTo24 and shot at Le Mans

Next article

Red Bull & Adrian Newey: Is Le Mans on their radar?

Red Bull & Adrian Newey: Is Le Mans on their radar?
Load comments

About this article

Series Le Mans
Drivers Adrian Sutil , Marcus Ericsson , Felipe Nasr
Author GMM
Be first to get
breaking news