Larbre confirms Belloc for injured Ruberti at Le Mans

shares
comments
Larbre confirms Belloc for injured Ruberti at Le Mans
Darshan Chokhani
By: Darshan Chokhani
Jun 9, 2016, 2:07 PM

Larbre Competition announced Jean-Philippe Belloc will compete for the squad in the Le Mans 24 Hours, replacing the injured Paolo Ruberti.

Jack Leconte, Larbre Competition Team Manager
#50 Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette C7-R: Yutaka Yamagishi, Pierre Ragues, Jean-Philippe Belloc, Nick Catsburg
#50 Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette C7-R: Yutaka Yamagishi, Pierre Ragues, Nick Catsburg, Jean-Philippe Belloc
Christophe Bourret and Jean-Philippe Belloc
#70 Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette C6-ZR1: Christophe Bourret, Pascal Gibon, Jean-Philippe Belloc
LMGTE Am podium: winners Christophe Bourret, Pascal Gibon, Jean-Philippe Belloc
#70 Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette C6-ZR1: Christophe Bourret, Pascal Gibon, Jean-Philippe Belloc

Ruberti suffered a compound fracture to his lumbar vertebra during a crash at Hockenheim last week, while coaching a young driver.

Thus, Larbre were forced to find a replacement and has named Frenchman Belloc alongside Pierre Ragues and Yutaka Yamagishi to drive the team's #50 Corvette at this year's Le Mans race.

"I am delighted to have been chosen by Jack Leconte to replace Paolo Ruberti, to whom everybody sends their best wishes, for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans," said Belloc upon the announcement.

“It’s a very nice show of trust and a great privilege to defend the colours of Larbre Competition in the world’s greatest endurance race.

“The LMGTE AM category is quite competitive this year but I think we have a very solid package. The Corvette C7.R has proven its worth and the team has what it takes to challenge for a good result.

“Finally, I’d like to extend my warmest thanks to my friend and long-time team-mate Christophe Bourret, who made it possible for me to be available for this iconic event," he added.

Team manager Jack Leconte commented: "When the going gets tough, it’s essential to have solid footing and clear points of reference, and Jean-Philippe Belloc is definitely someone Larbre Competition can rely on. 

"We have already enjoyed a successful common history, having contested plenty of championships and achieved many strong results together.

"The close relationship we have kept with Christophe Bourret, who also drove for Larbre in 2011 and 2012, has enabled us to overcome Paolo Ruberti’s forfeit quickly," he said.

Leconte also thanked WTCC driver Nick Catsburg, who tested for the team in the official test day, ending as the quickest in the LMGTE AM class.

The manager revealed that the Dutchman could be asked to fill in for Ruberti for the remainder of the WEC season.

Don’t miss our Inside WEC Le Mans preview…

Next Le Mans article
Berthon joins Greaves Motorsport for Le Mans

Previous article

Berthon joins Greaves Motorsport for Le Mans

Next article

The mighty Panoz Esperante LMP-1 Roadster S on display at the 2016 “Americans at Le Mans” exhibit

The mighty Panoz Esperante LMP-1 Roadster S on display at the 2016 “Americans at Le Mans” exhibit
Load comments