2018 Le Mans 24 Hours: Entries open on 18th December
Seven teams have already been invited to take part, and the complete entry list will be revealed on 9th February
Entries for the 86th Le Mans 24 Hours (16-17 June 2018) will open on 18th December. Teams wishing to send in their entry form to take part in the Sarthe Classic can do so until 5th February. The final entry list will be revealed on 9th February.
Seven teams have already won an invitation to take part in qualifying for the 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours. These invitations have been awarded following the 2017 results in the Le Mans 24 Hours, European Le Mans Series and the Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup.
Two invitations for:
• JMW Motorsport: victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours in the LM GTE Am category and victory in the
• European Le Mans Series in LM GTE. Invitations in LM GTE Am and LM GTE Pro or Am.
One invitation for:
• Jackie Chan DC Racing: victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours in the LM P2 category. Invitation in LM P2.
• Aston Martin Racing: victory in the LM GTE Pro category in the Le Mans 24 Hours. Invitation in LM GTE Pro.
• G-Drive Racing: victory in the LM P2 category in the European Le Mans Series. Invitation in LM P2.
• TF Sport: 2nd in the LM GTE category in the European Le Mans Series. Invitation in LM GTE Pro or Am.
• United Autosports: victory in the LM P3 category in the European Le Mans Series. Invitation in LM P2.
• Ebimotors: victory in the Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup. Invitation in LM GTE Am
This list represents the possible entry of eight cars out of the 60 places available.
Other invitations will be offered to the entries in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (2 teams at the discretion of the organisers of the series), and at the end of the 2017-18 Asian Le Mans Series season on 4th February 2018. The victorious teams in LM P2, LM P3 and GT will be offered a place on the grid for the Le Mans 24 Hours.
Each invitation can be awarded only if the car in question is entered for one of the following three championships in 2018: Asian Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
The complete list of the 60 cars entered for the Le Mans 24 Hours on 16-17 June 2018 will be revealed on 9th February.
Duval targets Le Mans return after 2017 absence
Porsche axing LMP1 project key to Le Mans GT expansion
About this article
|Event||24 Hours of Le Mans|
|Location||Circuit de la Sarthe|
|Teams||Aston Martin Racing Shop Now , G-Drive Racing , JMW Motorsport , TF Sport , Ebimotors , DC Racing , United Autosports|