New TAG ICC Class Details Announced Seattle, WA (Feb 14, 2008) -- The Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the IndyCar Series today announced details of the all new TaG ICC (spec 125cc shifter) program. This addition is made with support from...
New TAG ICC Class Details Announced
Seattle, WA (Feb 14, 2008) -- The Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the IndyCar Series today announced details of the all new TaG ICC (spec 125cc shifter) program. This addition is made with support from TM engines and from Italian Motors to allow for more competitors to be introduced to the Stars Series as it travels throughout the country as well as it supports the growing trend of the grass roots consumer.
Details of the program follow;
* 20 (total) engines will initially be offered (on loan) to race teams supporting the Stars series for participation in both East and West events. Anyone wanting to take advantage of this program must fill out the application form attached immediately. These forms will be marked as to when they were received by Stars and this will be a first come first served process. There is a limit of two engines per team making the request. If two engines are awarded to the team, both engines must be utilized with an associated driver in the series (one engine cannot be a test engine for one competitor). If after February 29th there are still engines unallocated and a team requested additional engines, these may be made available to them.
* The engines are also available for sale both wholesale for any kart shop wishing to participate in the program and retail for consumer direct. Any engine purchased by an individual wishing to race in this class is allowed with no restrictions and is encouraged.
* The engines are a sealed component initially but full technical compliance will of course be conducted at all events.
* This is not limited to one chassis manufacturer, engine can be placed on any chassis currently allowed in the Stars program.
* $7,500.00 purse for the year to be distributed as follows;
*$1,250.00 to the winners at each of the 6 National events ($625.00 per main).
*Top three will be awarded trophies at each event the same as all classes.
* Competitors will be allowed practice, qualifying and heat races prior to the main events. Qualifying will be a modified format.
* Chassis scrutineering on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. You may practice any tagged chassis on Friday but must declare only one chassis prior to qualifying on Saturday. All chassis must be tagged before taking the track.
* Parc ferme requirements for fuel only. Purchased fuel in jugs due for parc ferme check in on Friday before deadline (4pm unless otherwise specified) to avoid penalty.
* Tires; two full sets of YHC slicks, two full sets of YKP rains. Pick up slicks and check in rains for identification on Friday after fuel deadline. Slicks must be purchased from onsite source, rains may be procured free source but must be new with whiskers to check in.
* Compliance procedures will be to check in/apply engine seals and declare chassis at scrutineering Friday afternoon and Saturday morning before qualifying. Maximum one engine and one chassis for the event. Engine or chassis replacement only for verifiable and substantiated damage. Engine seal may not be broken without scrutineering approval.
* Any competitor wishing to enter an event simply downloads the entry form from the Stars site.
* No competitor may run in ICA or ICC and also in the TaG ICC category.
* Competitors not eligible to run are as follows;
*Any top 3 ICA drivers in the 2007/2008 (current standing) National combined points standings will not be allowed to participate in the class. Any top 10 ICC drivers from the 2007/2008 (current standing) National combined points standings will not be eligible.
* Any podium finishing (top 3) engine from either final on a Stars race weekend may be claimed. The individual(s) claiming an engine will pay: $4825, the retail value of a new TaG ICC TM engine plus a $250 dismounting fee. Header, pipe, silencer, carb, electric starter equipment are all included when an engine is claimed.