Irwindale Speed Weeks March 13 - 27 2004 Irwindale Speedway Join us as Irwindale Speedway kicks off the 2004 racing season in style! NASCAR, USAC, and NHRA events on "LA's Half-Mile Super Speedway" and the Irwindale's fast 1/8-mile Dragstrip! ...
Irwindale Speed Weeks
March 13 - 27 2004
Join us as Irwindale Speedway kicks off the 2004 racing season in style! NASCAR, USAC, and NHRA events on "LA's Half-Mile Super Speedway" and the Irwindale's fast 1/8-mile Dragstrip! This is what everyone's been waiting for: Live racing, up-close and personal in America's most fan and family-friendly facility! Here's the Irwindale Speed Weeks 2004 line-up:
* Saturday Night March 13: The Auto Club of Southern California Presents: "NASCAR SPRING TRAINING 2004" NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Racing Open Practice. All the top stock car teams on track at Irwindale from noon until 6PM. Your racing favorites and the newcomers, all tuning up for the season, and your friends at the Auto Club are paying for your parking and seats! This event will be FREE to all fans!
* Sunday March 14: The Los Angeles Kart Club Presents: Go-Kart racing on the Irwindale Speedway "Roval". 8AM - 6PM . Ever wonder where Tony Stewart got started in racing, or Ricky Rudd, or Michael Schumacher? Of course, Kart racing! March 14 is the day that fans can witness this high-speed four-wheel sport that has been the first step on many a fabulous racing careers. The Irwindale oval and infield become a fast multi-turn road course that challenges every age and type of Karter from the cute kid karts to the awesome shifters.
* Thursday Night March 18: NHRA STREET LEGAL DRAG RACING. Over 200 cars going for it all evening long. Irwindale Dragstrip is know as the fastest 1/8-mile in the state and racers prove that fact all night long from 5 until 10PM every Thursday night!
* Saturday Night March 20: NASCAR OPENING NIGHT 2004 Presented by Advantage Ford Lincoln-Mercury. This is the one that everyone always gets excited about and Opening Night 2004 will be the same. You never forget that first bark of the big V8 motors as the NASCAR Super Late Models limber up for the new season! And don't forget the King Taco On-Track Autograph Session -- All the cars and all the drivers lined-up on the racetrack at 6Pm for photos, autographs, and best wishes. FLASH: None other than TV's Jesse James has gone and bought himself a Super Late Model and will be running at Irwindale on opening night!
IRWINDALE SPEED WEEKS 2004 - MARCH 13-24, 2004
* Sunday March 21: hotVWs DRAG DAY. Racing, Car Show, Swap Meet, and More! Irwindale Speedway and Dragstrip becomes the center of the Volkswagen universe for a day -- Get out your best tie-die, put some high test in the Volksie and head over to Irwindale early on Sunday morning for a really cool and contagious bug-fest. (for more information www.bugin.com <http://www.bugin.com>).
* Thursday Night March 25: NHRA STREET LEGAL DRAG RACING. The gates open at 4PM and the runs start on the dot at 5PM. And here's a cool part of the deal: YOU CAN RACE YOUR OWN CAR just about any Thursday night at Irwindale! Got a driver's license and a yen to race? You are at the right place!
* Saturday March 27: Eibach Springs Presents FESTIVAL OF SPEED. From noon until 4PM Irwindale's parking lot will be transformed in to an exhibition area that will feature real Quarter-Midget racing, a wonderful display of legendary racing cars along with many of the drivers who drove them and the men who turned the wrenches to keep 'em running. Plus vintage Dragster runs on the Irwindale 1/8th-mile, and the "IRL Indy Experience" -- Here's the best part: Gate admission to this show is absolutely FREE to the fans. A special preferred parking area will be set up for Hot Rods and Classic cars. (www.twin25s.com)
* Saturday March 27: THE MOPAR TWIN 25's Presented by Mission. All of the top names in USAC midget racing on Irwindale's hot half-mile and going for the APR $50,000 bonus to the driver who can win both 25-lap feature events! USAC 2003 Triple-Crown winner J.J.Yeley leads the drivers into Irwindale with Dave Steel looking to do what he did at the first Twin 25's in Indy two years ago, and that was to walk off with all the money and all the USAC points. This where all the good guys get started these days: Kasey Khane, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman -- All of them got fast first in midget racing. Come and see for yourself! (www.twin25s.com)
And -- After Speed Weeks? We're right back at you with NASCAR every Saturday night, NHRA every Thursday night and a ton of special events in between like Drifting, Bicycle Racing, Go Kart Races, Monster Trucks, Motorcycles, Demolition Derbies, Figure 8 Races, and more!