J.R. Hildebrand Facts: * Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings by 40 points over teammate Sebastian Saavedra. * Captured his third win of the 2009 season at the Grand Prix of Edmonton. *...
J.R. Hildebrand Facts:
* Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings by 40 points over teammate Sebastian Saavedra.
* Captured his third win of the 2009 season at the Grand Prix of Edmonton.
* Won his first race of the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights season at the Grand Prix of Long Beach.
* Finished second in events at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, The Milwaukee Mile and on the streets of Toronto.
* Hildebrand has seven top-five finishes and eight top 10 finishes thus far this season.
J.R. Hildebrand on the Mid-Ohio 100: "Mid-Ohio is one of my favorite tracks. I'm looking forward to getting back and I know these AFS/AGR guys were quick there last year. So, I think the car ought to be really good. Our stuff on road courses have been really solid all year. Hopefully, we can build that points lead back up a little bit this weekend and head off to the hometown (Infineon Raceway)."
Sebastian Saavedra Facts:
* Currently sits second in the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship points, 40 points behind Hildebrand.
* Has two wins this season -- one at the Grand Prix of Toronto and the other at Kansas Speedway, which was his first career series win.
* Achieved the first pole position and first podium finish of his Firestone Indy Lights career with a second-place finish in Race #2 at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Saavedra has six top-five finishes and seven top 10 finishes thus far this season.
* 19-year old rookie of the year contender and championship contender from Bogota, Columbia.
Sebastian Saavedra on the Mid-Ohio 100: "The past three race have been great results for the AFS/AGR team as a whole. I'm excited to get back to another road course. We have had good results on them this year. I feel positive; I am looking forward to getting another great result this weekend and gaining more points for the championship. We are getting closer to the end of the season and it's very close, so I will keep doing my best until the end."