J.R. Hildebrand Facts: * Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings. * Captured his third win of the 2009 season last weekend at the Grand Prix of Edmonton. * Won his first race of the 2009 ...
J.R. Hildebrand Facts:
* Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings.
* Captured his third win of the 2009 season last weekend at the Grand Prix of Edmonton.
* Won his first race of the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights season at the Grand Prix of Long Beach.
* Finished second in events at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, The Milwaukee Mile and on the streets of Toronto.
* Hildebrand has seven top-five finishes and eight top 10 finishes thus far this season.
J.R. Hildebrand on the Kentucky 100: "I'm excited to go to Kentucky. We had a really good test there at the beginning of the season, and after cutting a tire early in the Kansas race, I'm looking forward to being able to finally put what we learned at the test to good use. It's a tough race, but it should be a lot of fun."
Sebastian Saavedra Facts:
* Currently sits second in the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship points, 69 points behind Hildebrand.
* Has two win this season; the Grand Prix of Toronto and the Kansas Lottery 100.
* Won his first career Firestone Indy Lights race at Kansas Speedway in April.
* Achieved the first pole position and first podium finish of his Firestone Indy Lights career with a second-place finish in Race #2 at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Saavedra has six top-five finishes and seven top 10 finishes thus far this season.
* 19-year old rookie of the year and championship candidate from Bogota, Columbia.
Sebastian Saavedra on the Kentucky 100: "I'm very happy about the last two race results for the #27 car. We are headed back to ovals again so we need to change our focus from the road and street course. It's going to make us work harder. Kentucky was my first test in the Firestone Indy Lights Series. I felt good and fast then; now having experience on ovals and have learned a lot, I now know how to approach the track better. I want another win so hopefully we can make this happen this coming weekend."