INDY LIGHTS FAST FACTS Jeld-Wen 100 Date / Time Saturday, June 21 5:15 p.m. (EDT) Track Iowa Speedway Distance 115 laps/100 miles TV ESPN2 (Taped) 5:30 p.m. June 26 Radio IMS Radio Network 2007 Winner Alex Lloyd 2007 Polesitter Wade...
INDY LIGHTS FAST FACTS
Date / Time
Saturday, June 21
5:15 p.m. (EDT)
115 laps/100 miles
5:30 p.m. June 26
IMS Radio Network
Familiar names race in the JELD-WEN 100
The JELD-WEN 100 entry list features several drivers hoping to emulate their family's success in open-wheel racing
* Richard Antinucci, the nephew of 1998 Indianapolis 500 winner Eddie Cheever Jr., drives the No. 7 Lucas Oil/Sam Schmidt Motorsports car. He will be making his first start at the Iowa Speedway in the same car that won last year's race.
* Sean Guthrie, driver of the No. 4 Carcrafters Guthrie Racing car, is the son of three-time Indianapolis 500 starter Jim Guthrie. Guthrie, who qualified third for last year's race, finished 20th after crashing.
* Arie Luyendyk Jr., driver of the No. 26 Andretti Green Racing/AFS Racing car, also seeks his first win at Iowa. The second-generation driver is the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk. He will make his first start at Iowa.
Hawkeye tie Steve Eppard, formerly of Bettendorf, Iowa, owns SWE Racing, which fields the No. 43 car for Robbie Pecorari. Eppard's company, SWE Race Car Parts, also serves as a series sponsor - offering the prize given to the race's pole winner.
Season To Date:
* Five drivers have won races this year - Dillon Battistini, Raphael Matos, Richard Antinucci, J.R. Hildebrand and Bobby Wilson.Battistini is the only driver to win more than one race (Homestead and Indianapolis.)
* Richard Antinucci has finished first or second in four of the six races this season. He won St. Petersburg 2 and finished second at Homestead, St. Petersburg 1 and Indianapolis. Dillon Battistini and J.R. Hildebrand also have four top-five finishes in six starts.
* Sean Guthrie is the only driver tohave completed every lap of competition (354) this season.
* Bobby Wilson tied Wade Cunningham's series record for consecutive seasons with a win with his victory in the Milwaukee 100 on June 1. Wilson has won in each of the last three seasons.
* Arie Luyendyk Jr. will attempt to make his 53rd Firestone Indy Lights start at Iowa Speedway, which would extend his series record.
* Bobby Wilson will attempt to make his 35th consecutive start, which is second on the all-time list. Jaime Camara holds the series record with 42 consecutive starts from 2005-2007.
Schedule (local time):
10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. - Firestone Indy Lights practice (two groups)
3:20 p.m. - SWE Pole Qualifying
3:45 p.m. - Jeld-Wen 100 pre-race
4:15 p.m. - Jeld-Wen 100 (115 laps/100 miles)