J.R. Hildebrand Facts: * Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings. * Captured his second win of the 2009 season, the Corning 100 at Watkins Glen International. * Won his first race of the 2009...
J.R. Hildebrand Facts:
* Hildebrand is currently leading the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship point standings.
* Captured his second win of the 2009 season, the Corning 100 at Watkins Glen International.
* Won his first race of the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights season at the Grand Prix of Long Beach.
* Finished second in events at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, The Milwaukee Mile and on the streets of Toronto.
* Hildebrand has six top-five finishes and seven top-ten finishes thus far this season.
J.R. Hildebrand on the Grand Prix of Edmonton: "I'm really looking forward to Edmonton. The circuit is challenging and intense. I think there were several things that we could have done better in Toronto, but we've had some great conversations about them and we're ready to get back on track in Edmonton. It's a tough place to get everything right and it's also a very physical track, so hopefully all the training will pay off."
Sebastian Saavedra Facts:
* Coming off his second win of the 2009 season; he won the Toronto 100 from the pole.
* Currently sits second in the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights championship points, 51 points behind Hildebrand.
* Won his first career Firestone Indy Lights race at Kansas Speedway in April.
* Achieved the first pole position and first podium finish of his Firestone Indy Lights career with a second-place finish in Race #2 at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
* Saavedra has five top-five finishes and six top-ten finishes thus far this season.
* 19-year old rookie of the year and championship candidate from Bogota, Columbia.
Sebastian Saavedra on the Grand Prix of Edmonton: "The win in Toronto was a great success for me and the team. We are second in the point standings and we need to be consistent the rest of the season to capture the championship. I am looking forward to the challenge. Hopefully we will do well this weekend and continue the momentum we have have in Edmonton. I will not give up until the end."