Driver: Danica Patrick Car: ...
Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings.
- Patrick has five top-five finishes and nine top-10 finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
- Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
- Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
- Patrick had three top-five and nine top 10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.
Danica Patrick on the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma:"The track at Infineon is a challenge, but very rewarding if you have a good race. Hopefully our hard work and efforts will pay off this weekend. We have been working really hard this season on all sides, but a win at the last road course event of the season would be gratifying."
Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Tony Kanaan Facts:
- Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship point standings, just 13 points behind sixth.
- Won the IndyCar Series debut event at Infineon in 2005 and finished third there last year.
- Kanaan has three podium and four top-five finishes in 2009.
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.
Tony Kanaan on the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma: "I'm very excited to go back to Infineon Raceway. It is in a pretty part of the country and many of our sponsors like to be there as well. I think it is one of the most physical tracks on the circuit so I hope I will do well and win the race."
Car: #25 Automatic Fire Sprinklers Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Franck Montagny Facts:
- This weekend's event marks Montagny's IndyCar Series debut.
- Montagny made seven starts for Andretti Green's American Le Mans Series program in 2008, posting one overall ALMS victory at Belle Isle and an additional LMP2-class win at Laguna Seca.
- His racing resume features seven Formula 1 starts, all in 2006 with Super Aguri, and stints as a Formula 1 test driver and third driver.
- Montagny owns four top-five finishes in his last four starts in the 24 Hours of Le Mans including a runner-up finish earlier this summer.
Franck Montagny on the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma: "It's good to be back with Andretti Green. This weekend will be a new challenge, but very interesting. The Infineon circuit is good fun and I was able to get good feedback from the AFS car during the test there last week. But, we still have a lot to learn about the car since it was just a one-day test. It is hard to tell what to expect from this weekend since we have had such little time in the car. But, I think it is most important for us to run all the laps, get the most information from the car and learn what we need to make the car feel the way I like it to feel."
Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Venom Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti Facts:
- Won his first IndyCar race at Infineon Raceway in 2006.
- Andretti is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series championship standings, 14 points behind fifth. - Andretti has 10 top-10 finishes thus far this season.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
Marco Andretti on the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma: "I always look forward to racing in Sonoma. My first IndyCar win was at Infineon, so the track obviously has a special meaning for me. We've had a rough year on road courses, but I think at Mid-Ohio we showed that we were able to make some steps in the right direction. Hopefully we can take what we've learned and put the information toward a strong weekend for the Venom machine."
Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- Mutoh has six top-10 finishes so far this season and is coming off a fifth-place finish in the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
- Mutoh is currently 11th in the championship point standings.
- Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the Indy 500 in two career starts.
- Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
Hideki Mutoh on the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma: "Infineon Raceway is a tough course, but it will be a fun challenge to see how well I can do in the race so I am looking forward to returning there. I spun in qualifying last year and had to start from the back, so I hope I can get a better starting position and get a better result this year."