* Ryan Hunter-Reay on the key to Sonoma: "I think the key to getting around Sonoma is having a very well-balanced car, no big surprises. It's a track with a lot of fast corners, a lot of steep ascents and descents so you need a car that's going to...
* Ryan Hunter-Reay on the key to Sonoma: "I think the key to getting around Sonoma is having a very well-balanced car, no big surprises. It's a track with a lot of fast corners, a lot of steep ascents and descents so you need a car that's going to stay under you for the most part. The undulations in the track definitely make it more challenging--and fun. I think the most fun section of the track is the first four corners--there is so much going on. I don't know the exact altitude climb that we do but it's a lot. I think I heard once that it's six stories and we do it in like 10 seconds. It's a big climb from the bottom at the start/finish line to turn four which is at the top of the climb."
* On his past two races at Infineon: "Well just like at Mid-Ohio two weeks ago, we need no luck at all: no good luck and no bad luck. In '07 I got into it with Marco [Andretti] and it cut my brake line, and then last year, I got turned around by Justin Wilson." Hunter-Reay started 7th in 2007 and eighth in 2008 but finished 18th both times.
* On momentum from Mid-Ohio: "Everybody believes in what we're doing and we know what our capabilities are. I mean we were mixing it up with the top teams in IndyCar so we have every expectation to only do better. We won't be happy with anything less. So we're definitely pushing hard." Hunter-Reay's seventh place start and fourth place finish is the best performance to date this season for the ABC Supply Racing team.
* Last week, the Foyt team tested at Infineon Raceway along with nine other teams. Foyt said, "When we started, we weren't happy with the car but as we worked on it, we got it better and better. We played with springs, rocker ratios and roll centers, about everything you could play with. We went through a lot of stuff so I thought it was a very good test. When we come back I think we'll be very competitive."