Driver: Danica Patrick Car: ...
Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is the defending winner of the Indy Japan 300, claiming her first career victory there in April 2008.
- Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings.
- Patrick has five top-five finishes and nine top-10 finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
- Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
Danica Patrick on the Indy Japan 300: "I'm really looking forward to this weekend. It's a very special feeling to be returning to Japan after winning there last year. I love the track. I've had some good results there. Winning there last year was such an unbelievable experience. There are so many great IndyCar fans in Japan; I'd love to give then a repeat performance."
Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Tony Kanaan Facts:
- Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship point standings, just 18 points out of fifth.
- Kanaan has three podium and four top-five finishes in 2009.
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.
Tony Kanaan on the Indy Japan 300: "I am excited to go back to Japan. I love the country and Andretti Green Racing has had great success there in the past, so I am excited. We need to maximize everything this weekend and be the best we can to give ourselves a good chance, and I think we can do that. We just have to keep working hard."
Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Team Venom Energy Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti Facts:
- Andretti is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series championship standings, only 11 points out of fifth.
- Andretti has 10 top-10 finishes thus far this season.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
Marco Andretti on the Indy Japan 300: "Last year, our day ended almost before it started in Japan, but I still think we can be very competitive this year. As a team we've always run strong there and hopefully the Venom boys and I can get a third consecutive win for AGR."
Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- A native of Tokyo, Japan, Mutoh will be running in front of his "home crowd" this weekend.
- Mutoh has seven top-10 finishes so far this season.
- Mutoh is 11th in the championship point standings.
- Posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the Indy 500 in two career starts.
- Captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
Hideki Mutoh on the Indy Japan 300: "I cannot believe it's already the Indy Japan race. My goal for this year was to win a race before I came back to race at Twin Ring Motegi, but the win hasn't happened yet. I've been back home since the Chicagoland race doing pre-race events. There is so much energy from all the IndyCar fans in Japan. I'm so happy to be able to be part of this race and looking forward to meeting more fans at the track."