* TAKING THE VISION TO MID-OHIO: The 2007 season was the Indy Car Series' first event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and the team secured a top-10 finish in the inaugural race as team driver Tomas Scheckter finished ninth after starting from...
* TAKING THE VISION TO MID-OHIO: The 2007 season was the Indy Car Series' first event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and the team secured a top-10 finish in the inaugural race as team driver Tomas Scheckter finished ninth after starting from the 12th spot. Fellow teammates and current Vision Racing drivers A.J. Foyt IV and Ed Carpenter also participated in that event. Foyt started 14th and finish 13th while Carpenter started and finished in the 16th position. The team will look for a second consecutive top-10 finish at the natural terrain road course.
* HIRING HERTA: The team is pleased to welcome IndyCar Series winner and auto racing veteran, Bryan Herta as a road course consultant for the remainder of the 2008 season. Herta's expertise and vast experience will be put through the paces beginning this weekend at Mid-Ohio as he will offer advice to Carpenter, Foyt and the engineering staff. Herta, who most recently drove this year for Andretti Green Racing in the American LeMans Series, has two career IndyCar Series victories and is one of only three drivers in history to win a race in the IndyCar Series, the ALMS and CART.
* POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES AT NASHVILLE: Last weekend's Firestone Indy 200 at Nashville Superspeedway had both positives and negatives for Vision Racing. Carpenter experienced the positives with an eighth place start and an eighth place finish for his sixth top-10 of the season. Unfortunately for Foyt, he experienced the negatives as he qualified 22nd and was actually forced to start from the 24th position due to an engine change after qualifying and if that wasn't enough, he was out of the race on lap 45 due to a mechanical failure related to steering.
* PAGING PAUL TRACY: The team is pleased to announce the addition of Canadian driver Paul Tracy to the team's line up in the No.22 Subway/Vision Racing Honda/Dallara/Firestone machine with the collaboration of Walker Racing for the Rexall Edmonton Indy on Saturday, July 26. Tracy's first return to the IndyCar Series since 2002 will feature Subway Restaurants as the primary sponsor, and Northlands, the promoter of the Rexall Edmonton Indy as an associate on the No. 22 machine provided by Vision Racing with additional personnel and engineering support by Walker Racing.
The Driver's Thoughts On/About...
A.J. FOYT IV -- NO. 2 Lilly Diabetes/Vision Racing Dallara/Honda/Firestone:
On race at Mid-Ohio... "Mid-Ohio is a very challenging track. Last year I was able to finish that race and overcome a loose tire and extra stop to do so. This year I want to do one better and get a top-10. It won't be easy, but we have to start focusing on better results at these road courses if we want to improve the team. I'm also looking forward to working with Bryan Herta to help the team improve on road course. I was a teammate with Bryan at AGR in 2006 when I filled in for Dario (Franchitti) so it will be good to work with him again."
ED CARPENTER -- NO. 20 Menards/Vision Racing Dallara/Honda/Firestone:
On race at Mid-Ohio ... "At the end of the race last year at Mid-Ohio, I was able to get in a rhythm and put together some good lap times. This year I need to get that focus much earlier in the weekend and see if we can't put together a better outing. We had some trouble in the pits last year as well so if we can avoid that this year, then that will help as well. I think bringing in Bryan Herta as a road course consultant will help us approach tracks like this, both from a driving and engineering standpoint, so it will be good to have him with us this weekend as well. We just have to get better finishes at these road courses and there's really no way to do that except to go drive them. So this weekend is just another opportunity for us to get better on these tracks."
BRYAN HERTA -- Team Road Course Consultant:
On new role with Vision Racing... "When Tony called me I was really impressed by his dedication to taking the steps to build a top level team. I was flattered that he considered my road course experience an asset to his team and I certainly look forward to sharing it with Ed (Carpenter) and A.J. (Foyt IV) in the coming weeks starting in Mid-Ohio and hope to help the team move forward in their objectives for the season."