No. 77 CV Logistics FAZZT Race Team News and Notes: * Tagliani will be starting Mid-Ohio in 15th position in the Championship Points race with 194 points. * This will be the first race for Tagliani at Mid-Ohio since 2003 where he qualified...
No. 77 CV Logistics FAZZT Race Team News and Notes:
* Tagliani will be starting Mid-Ohio in 15th position in the Championship Points race with 194 points.
* This will be the first race for Tagliani at Mid-Ohio since 2003 where he qualified 7th and finished 6th competing in the Champ Car World Series.
* 2010 is Tagliani's first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing.
* Tagliani had moved his way up through the field in Edmonton to 13th position after starting 19th. He retired from the race on lap 52 after a racing incident with Tony Kanaan. His final finishing position was 23rd.
Alex Tagliani on the Honda Indy200 presented by Westfield Insurance:
"I'm really looking forward to being back at Mid-Ohio, it has always been one of my favorite tracks and it's been a really long time since I've raced there. It's a challenging course with the elevation changes and the mix of both fast and slow speed corners. The team has been working really hard on improving the car on road courses so we're excited to try some new set ups this weekend."
* The course is a 2.258-mile road course
* Scott Dixon is the defending race winner earning victories in two of the three races at Mid-Ohio and placing third in 2008. In 2008 Ryan Briscoe won the event and archived second place in 2009.
* This will be the fourth IZOD IndyCar Series race at Mid-Ohio.
* This will be the eighth race in the IZOD IndyCar Series Road/Street Course Championship, currently being led by Will Power who is also the overall points leader going into this event.
* There are now three Championships that the teams and drivers strive to win in the IZOD IndyCar Series; Oval, Road/Street and Series Overall. The highest points scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road course championship will conclude on August 22 at Infineon Race way and the oval challenge will come to a close on September 19th at Twin Ring Motegi. The Homestead-Miami Speedway event has been reserved to honor the IZOD IndyCar Series Champion on October 2.