* In the second qualifying session, the Fast 12, Tagliani missed making the Fast Six by only 3/100ths of a second. * Tagliani was fourth in the first qualifying session with a time of 1:10.2228. The session was the first time the team had run...
* In the second qualifying session, the Fast 12, Tagliani missed making the Fast Six by only 3/100ths of a second.
* Tagliani was fourth in the first qualifying session with a time of 1:10.2228. The session was the first time the team had run red tires during the weekend so they knew slight changes might be necessary. After slight adjustments to the set-up, Tagliani went from 9th to 4th in his second stint to make it into the Fast 12.
* In the morning practice session Tagliani was 8th overall.
* Tagliani started 9th and finished 10th in last year's Long Beach event while driving for Conquest Racing.
* In previous Long Beach race events Tagliani's best start was 2nd in 2008 in a co-run event with the Indy Racing League and the Champ Car World Series and his best finish was 3rd in 2006 racing in the Champ Car World Series.
Driver Alex Tagliani on the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Qualifying Session:
"I'm so very proud of the FAZZT Race Team they are just doing a fantastic job. We are right there every time we go out and today just shows how incredibly competitive the IZOD IndyCar Series is to be only half a tenth out of the Fast Six, it's just amazing. And I have to say, I'm just very happy with what we are doing this year. I couldn't be happier with the guys, the team; everything has just been really amazing. For tomorrow's race, this track is really challenging and it changes quite a bit from practice to qualifying to the race so you can't really go overboard and be too worried about your car. I think you have to let the track come to you but it also has a lot of different corners like very slow corners on concrete and then fast corners so you need stability. So basically, it can be very difficult to find the compromise on this track but I think we are very close and I know we have to let things come to us, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I think we will have a good race."
Team Manager Rob Edwards on the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Qualifying Session:
"Today's qualifying shows just how competitive the IZOD IndyCar Series is across the board. We missed pole position in Brazil by 3/100ths of a second and we missed the Fast Six today by 3/100ths of a second so the field is very competitive. We keep saying that as a new team, we're learning every week and we've got a lot to learn and to be where we are in such a competitive field, we're happy. We said we would bounce back after Barber and we definitely did that with the guys doing a super job. Alex has been awesome this weekend as well, working steadily to make small improvements in the car. Everyone did a great job recovering from the incident on Friday morning and now we'll go beat them in the race."
Team Owner Andre Azzi on the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Qualifying Session:
"This Qualifying Session was just unbelievable. We just missed the top six by only 3/100ths of a second and it was the first time we ran in the 69's all weekend so it was a good run. I'm so proud of the FAZZT Race Team and the team is only getting better with every session. So I think we will be one to watch out for in tomorrow's race."