Driver: Danica Patrick Car: ...
Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings. - Patrick has five top-five finishes and eight top 10 finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
- Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
- Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
- Patrick had three top-five and nine top 10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.
Danica Patrick on the Meijer Indy 300: "I'm ready to get to Kentucky, for sure. As a team, we need to bounce back from what has been a pretty tough stretch of races for us and I'm hoping Kentucky will give us the chance to do that. We've got a few new aero options to work with this week and the 'push to pass,' so we'll see how all that plays out. It should be very interesting."
Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Tony Kanaan Facts:
- Kanaan is currently ninth in the championship point standings.
- Kanaan captured his first podium finish of 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.
Tony Kanaan on the Meijer Indy 300: "I'm all set for the weekend. The burns to my hands turned out to be very minor and far better than we first expected. I'm going to be fine. I'm just looking forward to getting back in the car on Friday and making the most of the weekend at Kentucky. The combination of the new aero package and the 'push to pass' button should mix things up a little bit in the race and I'm excited to see what we can do. Hopefully, we'll put on a great show for the fans. They deserve it."
Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Meijer Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti Facts:
- Andretti is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series championship standings. - Andretti has six top 10 finishes thus far this season.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
Marco Andretti on the Meijer Indy 300: "I'm looking forward to getting back on an oval for the weekend. The Meijer car ran really strong in Kentucky last season and we were able to come home with a podium finish. This has been an up and down year for us so far and I'm hoping that this weekend will be one of the ups. I'd like to come away with a win and the championship points we need to close the gap on the top-five. "I've got some experience with the kind of 'push to pass' system that we've got now, so with that and the aero changes to the cars, it should make for better racing on Saturday night. We'll see what happens."
Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- Mutoh has five top 10 finishes so far this season.
- Mutoh is currently 11th in the championship point standings.
- Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the Indy 500 in two career starts.
- Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
Hideki Mutoh on the Meijer Indy 300: "The Formula Dream team had a very tough race last weekend in Edmonton and I need to get back to a good flow like before. We couldn't finish the race in Kentucky last year so I hope we get to finish the race. We are trying very hard to improve our performances so I am sure we will be able to show a good performance in Kentucky this time."