Sharp Returns to Racing Roots at The Glen Scott Sharp heads to familiar territory this weekend as the IndyCar Series gears up for the Watkins Glen Indy Grand Prix on Sunday. Sharp, a native of Norwalk, Conn., literally grew up at the ...
Sharp Returns to Racing Roots at The Glen
Scott Sharp heads to familiar territory this weekend as the IndyCar Series gears up for the Watkins Glen Indy Grand Prix on Sunday. Sharp, a native of Norwalk, Conn., literally grew up at the historic circuit. In addition to watching his father, six-time SCCA Champion Bob Sharp, compete, Sharp claimed his own share of success at one of America's premier permanent road courses. He will be looking to add an open-wheel victory to his career accomplishments at The Glen.
Practice activities on the challenging 11-turn, 3.37-mile road course begins this Thursday.
Scott Sharp -- At-A-Glance:
* Claimed two Trans -Am victories at The Glen ('91 and '93) in addition to wins in SCCA amateur competition
* Finished ninth in the IndyCar Series debut at The Glen last year after starting 18 th
* Brought home a ninth-place finish in the Indianapolis 500 last weekend
* Has claimed three top-10 finishes to date this season with a best finish of seventh at Homestead
* Currently sits 12th in the point standings, only 13 points outside of sixth place and 37 out of fifth
Scott Sharp - #8 Delphi Panoz/Honda/Firestone:
"I'm really excited to return to Watkins Glen. I think we left a little bit on the table last year, but with the knowledge we have gained on the road courses, I fully expect us to be strong there this weekend. I have so many memories from this track going back to when I followed my dad around as a kid. I have won here in a variety of cars, and really love this track. It is awesome to drive and a great place for the fans to come out and enjoy a great show."