Wins and Experience Excite Sharp in Return to Texas Motor Speedway The IndyCar Series is preparing for its first night race on the 2006 schedule -- the Bombardier Learjet 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. Scott Sharp has amassed an impressive career...
Wins and Experience Excite Sharp in Return to Texas Motor Speedway
The IndyCar Series is preparing for its first night race on the 2006 schedule -- the Bombardier Learjet 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. Scott Sharp has amassed an impressive career record on the fast 1.5-mile oval with two wins, six top-five and nine top-10 finishes and two front row starts dating back to 1998, and has led 11 of the 15 races he has contested. With the midpoint of the season fast-approaching, a tight points battle is brewing and Sharp, who is only one point outside the top 10, will be looking to make valuable strides this Saturday.
Scott Sharp -- At-A-Glance:
* Will be making his 16th IndyCar Series start at Texas
* Is a two-time winner at Texas (2000 and 2001)
* Career record at Texas includes six top-five and nine top-10 finishes
* Finished fourth at Texas last year after starting 16th
* Has started on the front row twice at Texas, qualifying second in 1999 and 2001
* Currently sits 11th in the point standings -- only three points out of seventh -- in a tight points battle
* Recorded four top-10 finishes to date this season with a best finish of seventh at Homestead
Scott Sharp - #8 Delphi Dallara /Honda/Firestone:
"The Texas race has it all. It is non-stop action for the drivers and fans and just great entertainment. I thoroughly enjoy racing at Texas. The facility is first-class and the track suits my driving style. I have logged a lot of miles at Texas over the years, and always look forward to going coming back. The team has really been strong at Texas over the years and, hopefully, this will be the year that I can make it win number three at Texas."