NOTES & QUOTES: Bombardier Learjet 500k Felipe Giaffone: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Felipe Giaffone on the Bombardier Learjet 500:"It's more about strategy in this race because now that everyone has the same Honda engine,...
NOTES & QUOTES: Bombardier Learjet 500k
Felipe Giaffone: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Felipe Giaffone on the Bombardier Learjet 500:"It's more about strategy in this race because now that everyone has the same Honda engine, we'll all be running in one big pack. We have to take care of each other out there. We're going to push as hard as we can and take advantage of the opportunities that come along so we can be there at the end. We have to make smart moves to be up front at the end."
* Giaffone on Texas Motor Speedway: "I think it's a lot of fun to race there. It's not my favorite track because if anything goes wrong there, it could be a big mess but I really do like the track."
* Best Finishes at TMS: Giaffone's best finish at Texas came in 2001 when he finished second. The Foyt team's best finish is first which they did with Billy Boat in 1998 (and '97 according to A.J. however, Boat was credited with second behind Arie Luyendyk). In '98, Foyt's other car, with driver Kenny Brack, finished third.
* Watkins Glen Recap: The ABC Supply team enjoyed its first top-five finish with Felipe Giaffone driving. Giaffone, in his first ever visit to the Glen, started last when the grid was set according to first day practice speeds after qualifying was cancelled due to weather. Giaffone avoided mistakes, as did the ABC Supply crew, and placed fifth. The last time A.J. Foyt's IndyCar team posted a top-five was in July 2002 when they won at Kansas Speedway (with Airton Dare).
* Points Race Tightens: Giaffone gained a position in the IRL points moving into 12th position. With 103 points, he is only four points out of seventh place, currently held by Kosuke Matsuura and Danica Patrick with 107 points each.
* The Bombardier Learjet 500k will be shown live at 9:00 PM eastern time Saturday night, June 10th on ESPN.