A.J. Foyt IV: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on Texas:."For me the key to this race is being patient. The plan is to try to stay with the lead pack and draft. I won't be pulling out to pass, I just want to draft...
A.J. Foyt IV: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on Texas:."For me the key to this race is being patient. The plan is to try to stay with the lead pack and draft. I won't be pulling out to pass, I just want to draft so we can race hard at the end. Racing at night always seems more exciting but for the drivers there's not too much difference visually because the track is so well lit. It's cooler which is a big plus for the drivers and the cars, especially with the kind of heat that's here this week. This weather reminds me of Houston, Hot and Humid."
* Larry Foyt Update: "Every day I feel better," said Foyt who was injured in a crash at Indy. "If I overdo it, I feel it but I think I'm way ahead of schedule from what the doctors told me to expect."
* In last year's Bombardier 500k, Foyt IV was running one of the best races of his career when he became the victim of a rookie driver's error. The rookie had closed on his teammate too quickly and was forced to take evasive action which meant veering into Foyt who was on the outside." I saw that he was closing in fast on his teammate and I saw that it wasn't going to work so I got off the gas and headed to the right to try to get away from him but he got me with his right rear when he went high," said Foyt IV. "That hit shot my car into the wall. Luckily the track had put up the Safer Barriers in the turns so the impact wasn't as hard as it could have been. I walked away."
* Fonder TMS Memories: Foyt IV earned his Infiniti Pro Series title when he won the final race of the inaugural season at Texas Motor Speedway in September 2002. A month later that same year he passed his IRL IndyCar Series rookie test at TMS en route to earning his IRL license.
* The Bombardier Learjet 500k will be shown live at 8:30 PM eastern time Saturday night, June 11th on ESPN.