Dario Franchitti on the SunTrust Indy Challenge Presented by XM Satellite Radio: "I really like Richmond; it's a fun track. Even with a couple of imbalances in the car you can hustle it around there. It's a lot of fun for us. Traffic is a ...
Dario Franchitti on the SunTrust Indy Challenge Presented by XM Satellite Radio:
"I really like Richmond; it's a fun track. Even with a couple of imbalances in the car you can hustle it around there. It's a lot of fun for us. Traffic is a nightmare though, with some guys five and six laps down as you try to push your way through. We had a good run there last year and hopefully the Klein Tools/Canadian Club car will be up front."
Dario Franchitti Facts * This will be Franchitti's third start at Richmond. He recorded a second-place finish in 2005.
* Franchitti is currently 11 th in the IndyCar Series driver championship. He is three points out of ninth place and 12 points out of seventh.
* His best finish in 2006 was fourth at the season-opening race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* Franchitti collected IndyCar Series wins at Nashville and California in 2005.
* He finished fourth in the 2005 driver point standings with 498 points, his highest IndyCar Series finish.
* Franchitti had eight top-five and 13 top-10 finishes in 2005.
* He led 448 laps in 2005 to rank second among lap leaders.
* The Scotsman has recorded three career IndyCar Series pole positions, those coming at Texas (June 10, 2004), California (Oct. 16, 2005) and St. Petersburg (April 2, 2006).
* Three of Franchitti's four IndyCar Series victories have come on tracks of 1.33 miles or smaller, including the 1-mile ovals at Milwaukee (2004) and Pikes Peak (2004) and the 1.33-mile Nashville track (2005). His fourth victory came on the two-mile D-shaped oval at California Speedway (2005).
* Franchitti has 14 major open-wheel racing victories and 14 career pole positions.
* Since 1998, Franchitti has won more American major open-wheel races than all but four drivers.
John Anderson, Team Manager,
#27 Klein Tools/ Canadian Club Dallara/Honda/Firestone on the SunTrust Indy Challenge:
"I think we're comfortable heading into Richmond because Dario is at his very best when driving in traffic. Richmond is a handling track and the Klein Tools/Canadian Club team expects to be running up front. Dario has three IndyCar Series wins on short ovals and we hope to add another one this weekend."