Dixon Dominates, Wins In Richmond Scott Dixon -- No. 9 Target Toyota "It feels great to get another win. Team Target did a great job; we had the fastest car all weekend. We didn't even have to work on it that much. So I've got to give great...
Dixon Dominates, Wins In Richmond
Scott Dixon -- No. 9 Target Toyota
"It feels great to get another win. Team Target did a great job; we had the fastest car all weekend. We didn't even have to work on it that much. So I've got to give great credit to the engineering side; also to the guys in the pits. Tomas, myself and the whole team have been fast everywhere. It's nice that we have got a couple of wins in a row. If Tomas hopefully has a little bit of luck, he can move up there and get some wins as well. Everyone back at the shop building the cars have done a great job and Toyota has been a big help to us, for sure."
Tomas Scheckter -- No. 10 Target Toyota
"It didn't go exactly as we would have liked. We had a great start. We knew we had a good race car. We had a pretty good race going, but unfortunately, I think I may have gotten hit on the back by Al (Unser Jr.) on a restart. It was quite a funny restart. I'm not sure what happened. It was a little bit of a bump. We had to change the front nose, and it put us back two or three laps. We had to fight from there. I'm just happy that Team Target was able to get a win out of it. We'll concentrate on the next race."
- Scott Dixon set an IndyCar Series record for most consecutive laps led over two races. Dixon led the last 84 laps in Pikes Peak and all 206 laps in Richmond.
- Dixon also tied an IndyCar Series record by winning his third race in just his seventh start.
- It is the first time in IRL history that a driver has led every lap in a race.
- This is Dixon's third victory of the year and the fourth of his career. It is also his second straight victory.
- It is the team's 4th victory in their last 8 races.
- Scott Dixon won the pole for the second time in his career. The team has won 3 out of the last 5 poles.
- It is the 4th straight race that a Team Target driver has led the most laps.
- Team Target drivers stand 1st and 2nd in laps led for the season. Dixon leads with 442 and Scheckter is second with 260.
- Team Target has led 49% of the laps run this season.
- Scott Dixon set the fastest leader lap in this race. It is the 6th time in the last 7 races that a Team Target driver has accomplished that feat..
- With the win, Dixon now moves to within 27 points of first place.
- In races that Dixon is running at the finish, he has placed no worse than 6th including three victories.
- Team Target has led a lap in 8 straight races.