"We've been knocking on the door since the beginning of the season, and knew once the door opened a win would come. I'm really glad we got one under our belt. The car was good right off of the truck, and is probably one of the best oval cars...
"We've been knocking on the door since the beginning of the season, and knew once the door opened a win would come. I'm really glad we got one under our belt. The car was good right off of the truck, and is probably one of the best oval cars I've ever driven. The credit goes to the Team as a whole, and particularly to my engineer, Tom German. The car was a little loose at the beginning of the race so we took out a bit of front wing during the first stop and it was perfect the last three quarters of the race. I could drive on the top or the bottom, and the car was good on cold tires. Helio (Castroneves), Sam (Hornish) and I were close on speed, but my car handled a little bit better in traffic so I could use that to my advantage and open up a little bit of a cushion. It was a great day for Marlboro Team Penske with Helio and I finishing 1-2. We'll enjoy the moment now, but tomorrow our focus turns to the next race at Richmond. This is also a nice Father's Day gift for my dad who has been a big influence on my career."
-- Gil de Ferran, Two-Time National Champion
-- #6 Marlboro Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet
-- First place finish
-- Second place in the Indy Racing League Championship point standings with 235 points
"Marlboro Team Penske did a fantastic job today. We've been working really hard all season and it was great to finish 1-2 this afternoon. The conditions were very tough out there -- this track is very sensitive to the weather, and the rain today made it difficult. My car changed quite a bit over the course of the race. I developed some understeer early on and when we fixed it, we added too much wing and as a result I had too much oversteer. After my final pit stop, the car was handling much better and I was able to bring it home in second place. I have to hand it to Andy Borme (Castroneves' engineer), because he really did a wonderful job all weekend.
Unfortunately my car was not strong enough to beat Gil today, but that's the way it goes sometimes. At least we finished second and earned some valuable points and I maintained the lead for the Championship (Castroneves has 267 points in the IRL Championship point standings)."
-- Helio Castroneves, Two-Time Indianapolis 500 Winner
-- #3 Marlboro Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet
-- Second place finish
-- First place in the Indy Racing League Championship point standings with 267 points
* Gil de Ferran has won the Radisson 225 at Pikes Peak International Raceway in his inaugural start at the track. This is also his first Indy car oval victory from the pole.
* Today's win marks de Ferran's first Indy Racing League win and his eighth career Indy car victory.
* De Ferran is currently in second place in the IRL Championship point standings with 235 points, he trails his Marlboro Team Penske teammate Helio Castroneves by 32 points.
* This is Marlboro Team Penske's second 1-2 finish (Castroneves finished second) this season. The Team finished 1-2 in Phoenix with Castroneves winning followed by de Ferran. The teammates have now finished 1-2 in six of the 49 races they have run together as members of Marlboro Team Penske.
* By leading most laps today, de Ferran has captured the $5,000 Marlboro Lap Leader Award for the second time this season (he also led most laps at Nazareth Speedway).
* De Ferran now has five top-four finishes in the seven races run to date (71%); has led laps in six of the seven races; and has completed 97% of the laps run.
* De Ferran has three career oval wins (Pikes Peak 6/16/02, England 9/22/01, Nazareth 5/27/01).
* This is Marlboro Team Penske's third victory in the seven races run to date (Castroneves won in Indianapolis and Phoenix).
* Marlboro Team Penske drivers have now won the last three races run on Father's Day. Castroneves won the Detroit Grand Prix on Father's day in 2000 and 2001.
* Marlboro Team Penske has 64 oval wins out of their record 113 career wins -- the most of any team in open wheel racing.