A.J. Foyt IV: No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on Phoenix: "It's important to qualify well at Phoenix because the guys who start up front begin lapping cars 10 laps into the race. It's one of the tougher tracks to pass on...
A.J. Foyt IV: No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on Phoenix: "It's important to qualify well at Phoenix because the guys who start up front begin lapping cars 10 laps into the race. It's one of the tougher tracks to pass on because the straightaways are short, the corners are pretty tight and the second groove isn't that secure...We had a pretty good test here in February, we found a good balance on the car...I think the key to this race is staying on the lead lap, if you can do that you'll have a good finish."
* Foyt IV finished ninth in the season opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway March 6th. It was his best finish to date. He came through a fire in his pits unscathed and was able to wend his way through the debris of an eight car pile-up. "We didn't really have a top-10 car that day but we were lucky to get through that big accident. We had our own problems with a pit fire but it wasn't enough to keep us out of the race and then other teams had even bigger problems than we did. I haven't had much luck in this league so maybe our luck is changing for the better. It's certainly the best start to the season we've had since I joined the IndyCar team."
* At Phoenix last year, Foyt finished 14th saying afterwards, "Our car was much better than the results showed today. Towards the end of the race we were running laps as fast as the leaders. Unfortunately, I got hung up behind a slow car early in the race and I just couldn't get by him. He blocked me pretty good. It was frustrating. He eventually crashed himself out of the race but by then I lost a lot of time. Still, I'm glad we were able to bring the car home in one piece."
* Foyt Firsts: Foyt IV's first time ever in an Indy car happened at PIR in 2002 when he tested the Indy car driven by Eliseo Salazar at the time. His grandfather A.J. Foyt won the first ever Indy car race at PIR March 22, 1964, to start his outstanding season when he won 10 of 13 races.
* The XM Satellite Radio Indy 200 Presented by Argent Mortgage will be broadcast live by ABC this Saturday, March 19th at 3 pm EST.
* In 2004, Foyt IV's best start was 6th (at Chicagoland Speedway) and his best finish was 10that Texas Motor Speedway. He finished 18th in the IndyCar Series standings. Foyt IV won the Infiniti Pro Series championship in its inaugural season in 2002.
* For more information, please check out: foytracing.com.