* The Pennzoil Panther Pack is preparing for the upcoming season finale at Texas Motor Speedway to be held Sunday, October 17,1999.Â The Pack will return to the site of their June 12th victory looking for another win and the championship.Â ...
* The Pennzoil Panther Pack is preparing for the upcoming season finale at Texas Motor Speedway to be held Sunday, October 17,1999. The Pack will return to the site of their June 12th victory looking for another win and the championship. Mathematically, the Pack can still win the Pep Boys IRL Championship. The Pack trails points leader, Greg Ray, by 48 points.
* Tokheim Corporation will be presenting an award for the "Best Looking Indy Racing League Car of the Year" at the Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday, October 16th. The Pennzoil Panther G-Force #4 is among the top three vote getters from more than 4,500 race fans, IRL Community members and journalists.
* Driver Scott Goodyear took a little more of a hit than orignally thought in last weekends race in Las Vegas. Goodyear broke a small bone in his left foot and lower left shin. Goodyear is doing fine though and is up and around with a walking cast. The injuries will not impact Goodyear for the Texas race but may slow him down in this weekends Houston Heartwalk.
* The Panther Pack confirmed their initial suspicion that Goodyear's accident in the Vegas.com 500 was caused by a failure in the rear of the Pennzoil Panther G-Force and not as a result of driver error.
* Radio Alert: Driver Scott Goodyear will be live this Friday morning in Houston, Texas with Sam Malone on KRBE at approximately 9:15 a.m.
* Appearance Alert: Driver Scott Goodyear will be signing autographs on Saturday, October 9, 1999 from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at Houston's Heartwalk in Sam Houston Park