Scott Dixon -- No. 9 Target Toyota Start -- 1st Finish -- 2nd Point Standings -- 3rd -- 288 points "It was a lot of fun out there. Team Target gave me a strong car all night long. We did 86 laps on that last set of tires. They hung in there,...
Scott Dixon -- No. 9 Target Toyota
Start -- 1st
Finish -- 2nd
Point Standings -- 3rd -- 288 points
"It was a lot of fun out there. Team Target gave me a strong car all night long. We did 86 laps on that last set of tires. They hung in there, but we just didn't have enough to pass Gil (de Ferran) at the end. He had a strong car and drove a great race. We closed the gap on Tony (Kanaan) tonight and we're getting closer. We're trying to get more consistent with our finishes and I think we've done that tonight. I'm happy with how hard the team has worked this season. We had a good test in Michigan this week and I'm excited about our chances tonight."
Tomas Scheckter -- No. 10 Target Toyota
Start -- 5th
Finish -- 10th
Point Standings - 9th -- 179 points
"It was a little bit of a disappointing night for us. We had a fast car, but that black flag penalty really hurt us. It put us to the back of the pack and we weren't able to get back up front. We had a fast car, but we just weren't able to get up front and challenge the leaders. I was really hoping for a better finish tonight with the Target car, but we'll keep on digging."
- Scott Dixon added to his laps led total tonight, posting 20 laps led. His 544 laps led are a league-high.
- In the 6 races that Dixon has finished this season, he has finished 6th twice, finished second once and won the other 3 races. That's an average finish of 2.83.
- Dixon has four top-2 finishes this year.
- Scott Dixon won the pole for the third consecutive race and his fourth of the season. The team has won 4 out of the last 5 poles and 5 out of the last 7.
- Team Target drivers stand 1st and 3rd in laps led for the season. Dixon leads with 544 and Scheckter is third with 261.
- Team Target has led a lap in 10 straight races.
- Scott Dixon has led a lap in 8 of the 9 races this season.
Firestone Indy 400
Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, July 27th -- 3:00 p.m. ET