Felipe Giaffone: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Felipe Giaffone on the Indy Japan 300: "I think Twin Ring Motegi is a cool track. It's different from any other track we run in the Indy car series. When I ran there in 2003, you...
Felipe Giaffone: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Felipe Giaffone on the Indy Japan 300: "I think Twin Ring Motegi is a cool track. It's different from any other track we run in the Indy car series. When I ran there in 2003, you were flat out through one and two and really, really fast through three and four, which I think is one of the most fun corners in racing. You really have to hustle the car through there and you can't have a lot of downforce if you want to be quick--it's fun, a lot of fun."
* Giaffone on Japan: "I love the country. I enjoy the food, it's different from the Japanese food that you find in Brazil or America. I also enjoy the people; they are very open and very polite. The last time we were there, Alice and I got lost for the day in Tokyo. We went to the electronics district, did some shopping--we had a lot of fun."
* Past races in Japan: Giaffone competed in the first race in Japan in 2003, when he finished third. "We had a P-6 [position six] car that day but there were a couple crashes towards the end and we finished third. It was a good result."
* Last Race: Giaffone competed in an Indy car street race for the first time in his career at St. Petersburg. Giaffone finished ninth in the event for his second top-10 finish in as many races. He is currently tied for eighth in the IRL IndyCar standings.
* In 2005, Giaffone drove for Foyt's ABC Supply Racing team for the first time when he qualified for the Indianapolis 500 on Bump Day last year. The deal came together very quickly; Giaffone bumped his way into the show, started 33rd and finished 15th in the No. 48 ABC Supply Panoz/Toyota.
* The Indy Japan 300 will be broadcast on tape delay on ESPN April 22, Saturday at 12:00 noon eastern time.
* For more information on the team, please check our Web site: www.foytracing.com.