TOYOTA SWEEPS FRONT ROW AT MILWAUKEE Sam Hornish Jr. and Marlboro Team Penske Racing teammate Helio Castroneves qualified first and second to make up an all-Toyota front row for tomorrow's ABC Supply A.J. Foyt 225. It's the second time that...
TOYOTA SWEEPS FRONT ROW AT MILWAUKEE
Sam Hornish Jr. and Marlboro Team Penske Racing teammate Helio Castroneves qualified first and second to make up an all-Toyota front row for tomorrow's ABC Supply A.J. Foyt 225. It's the second time that Toyota has swept the front row this season after capturing the top four spots in qualifying at Richmond.
- Sam Hornish Jr.'s pole position is the third for Toyota this season and the manufacturer's 19th in IndyCar Series competition. The pole is the first for a Toyota-powered car at Milwaukee since Juan Montoya won the pole here in CART competition in 2001.
- The pole is the sixth for Sam Hornish Jr. during his IndyCar Series career (he also has started first on two other occasions due to rain wiping out qualifying) and his third of the season after logging the fastest qualifying speeds at Motegi and Richmond earlier this year.J
- Sam Hornish Jr. will be looking for his looking for his second short oval win of the season after coming out victorious at Phoenix in March.
He also placed second at Nashville and was running second at Richmond when he made contact with the wall.
- Helio Castroneves' front-row start is his third of the season -- after qualifying second at both St. Petersburg and Richmond. He has finished in the top five in each of the three short oval races this season with a win at Richmond, second at Phoenix and a fifth at Nashville.
- Marlboro Team Penske heads into tomorrow's ABC Supply A.J. Foyt 225 with two wins and a pair of seconds in the three short oval races this season.
- Alex Barron (Red Bull Toyota) earned his top qualifying effort of the season with a strong seventh place showing today.
- Ryan Briscoe (Target Toyota) was cleared to drive after a morning practice accident, but has been withdrawn from the weekend's action.