A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on Milwaukee: "We were only able to get half a day of testing because of the rain on the second day. It wasn't as much as we wanted but we were able to make some good...
A.J. Foyt IV: Conseco No. 14 Dallara/Toyota/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on Milwaukee: "We were only able to get half a day of testing because of the rain on the second day. It wasn't as much as we wanted but we were able to make some good changes on the car. I think we established a good baseline for the weekend. Milwaukee is another track on our circuit that's unique because it's so flat. You really have to get a good set-up for your car. It's hard to get overall grip on a track like that but that's what you need...I think it's cool to have the race named after my grandfather but I won't really be thinking about that this weekend. We'll be focusing on getting a good race set-up."
* A.J. IV will be featured in the next episode of "The Fast Life" which airs this Sunday, July 25th on ESPN2 at 12 noon Eastern time.
* At the Firestone Indy 200: A.J. IV started 22nd and overcame several obstacles to finish 16th. Debris from another driver's wall-banging incident broke part of Foyt IV's rear wing (end fence, which the team repaired and ultimately replaced). It is thought the debris also contributed to engine problems later in the race when Foyt IV had to be towed in after the engine quit. The engineers made some adjustments on the engine management system and Foyt IV was able to return to the race.
* A.J. Foyt's performance at Milwaukee shows that he has 46 Indy Car starts there, the most starts at one track for him in an Indy car. In 1965, he competed there three times in an Indy car although the August 22nd event was the most memorable one because he set fast time driving his dirt championship car. He finished second in the race against many rear-engine cars. "I felt like I was driving a greyhound bus against a bunch of sporty cars," Foyt said afterwards. He has won four times at Milwaukee (1960, 64, 75, 79) and has finished second there six times. His most serious accident occurred in 1966 when he burned his hands and face after crashing in practice. He also competed there 44 times in the USAC stock car series, winning six races.
* The A.J. Foyt Indy 225 will be televised live Sunday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. Eastern time on ABC.
* For more information on the Foyt Racing programs, please check out the following Web sites: www.foytracing.com and www.conseco.com.