Castroneves On Front Row; Toyotas Take 3 of Top 5 at Michigan - Helio Castroneves (Marlboro Toyota) qualified on the outside of the front row to lead three Toyotas into the top five in qualifying for Sunday's Michigan Indy 400 at the ...
Castroneves On Front Row; Toyotas Take 3 of Top 5 at Michigan
- Helio Castroneves (Marlboro Toyota) qualified on the outside of the front row to lead three Toyotas into the top five in qualifying for Sunday's Michigan Indy 400 at the Michigan International Speedway. Target Toyota driver Scott Dixon placed fourth and Castroneves' Marlboro Team Penske teammate Sam Hornish Jr. was fifth.
- With today's impressive front-row showing, Penske Racing has now been the top qualifying Toyota in eight of the 10 races run this season. Helio Castroneves has been the top Toyota in five of those eight with Sam Hornish Jr. now the top qualifying Toyota in three races after today's effort.
- Just a week after missing the Milwaukee event due an injury suffered in qualifying, Scott Dixon registered his best qualifying performance of the year with a fourth today. The reigning IndyCar Series champion's previous best start this season was a fifth at Phoenix.
- Sam Hornish's fifth marks his four top-five qualifying performance in the last five races. During the last five events, Hornish has finished in the top-four three times and climbed into the top-five after falling to ninth overall after the Indianapolis 500.
- Target Chip Ganassi Racing drivers Scott Dixon and Darren Manning will appear on the front of 800,000 Wheaties, Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal boxes sold in Target stores. The two Toyota-powered drivers are also featured in a Fast Facts section on the back of the boxes, as well as information about the IndyCar Series. Included in each box is also an IndyCar Series CD-ROM Racing Game.