Tony Kanaan on the Firestone Indy 400: "Team 7-Eleven has been strong on the superspeedways this year and, looking back to last season, we were very strong at Michigan. So I would expect us to be strong this weekend as well. The points...
Tony Kanaan on the Firestone Indy 400:
"Team 7-Eleven has been strong on the superspeedways this year and, looking back to last season, we were very strong at Michigan. So I would expect us to be strong this weekend as well. The points race is becoming very tight, so we need to work on cutting into Dan's lead."
Tony Kanaan Facts
* The Firestone Indy 400 marks Kanaan's 44th career IndyCar Series start.
* Kanaan has six top-three finishes in 2005 and eight top-10 finishes this season. His best efforts thus far are a victory at Kansas (July 3) and a second-place finish at St. Petersburg (April 3).
* Kanaan enters the Firestone Indy 400 ranked fourth on the IndyCar Series driver points chart with 306 points, just three points shy of second place and 71 points behind leader Dan Wheldon.
* Kanaan qualified on the pole position for the 89th running of the Indianapolis 500.
* Kanaan has led 215 laps during the 2005 IndyCar Series season, including 75 at Nashville, 62 at Texas and 54 at the Indianapolis 500.
* Kanaan registered an IndyCar Series record string of 18-consecutive top-five finishes, dating from the second race of the 2004 season through the third event of the 2005 campaign.
* Kanaan also set an IndyCar Series record with 25 consecutive races finished, having completed 25 consecutive events dating from the 14th race of the 2003 season (Chicagoland, Sept. 7) through the sixth event of the 2005 campaign (Texas, June 11).
* Kanaan has five career IndyCar Series wins (Phoenix 2003, 2004, Texas 2004, Nashville 2004, Kansas 2005) and six IndyCar Series poles (Homestead 2003, Phoenix 2003, Pikes Peak 2003 and 2004, Michigan 2004, Indianapolis 2005).
Eric Cowdin, Race Engineer,
#11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Firestone Indy 400:
"Going back to the two-day format gives us a chance to take advantage of having four cars worth of information. The Team 7-Eleven car was very quick last year, starting from pole and leading the most laps. Unfortunately we came up short on a fuel mileage race at the end. We have improved our race craft and car setups significantly over last year so I expect another strong performance from AGR and Team 7-Eleven."